• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you should have read and you're embarrassed you haven't

51 posts in this topic

@NoMan   I think that this is a good topic for a noob like me that's sure there are ton's of great stories out there!

Mine are embarassing but for not what you think:

Batman Adventures origin of Harley Quinn (thought the cartoon Batman the Animated Series was good enough)

Harley Quinn 1999 no # the origin of Harley Quinn within the DC Universe

and Amazing Spiderman 300, I mean I do have that silly Walmart mini ASM 300 just never read it.

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@NoMan   I think that this is a good topic for a noob like me that's sure there are ton's of great stories out there!

Mine are embarassing but for not what you think:

Batman Adventures origin of Harley Quinn (thought the cartoon Batman the Animated Series was good enough)

Harley Quinn 1999 no # the origin of Harley Quinn within the DC Universe

and Amazing Spiderman 300, I mean I do have that silly Walmart mini ASM 300 just never read it.

I can think of a few.

Green Lantern 1 both Golden and Silver. Flash 1 Golden Age

Never read Showcase 4 or owned one. 

League of Extraordinary Gentleman

I didn't read Watchmen until the early 2000's.

You should read the ABC comics stuff...it all has different strengths. Tom Strong is old time wonder, Tomorrow Stories is anthology (with great Jack B Quick stories and a Greyshirt 8 pager that can be read front to back, back to front, top to bottom, or bottom to top and still tell the same story), etc.

I never finished Lone Wolf and Cub or Cerebus. Yes I have them all but just never read them. I stopped reading the Dark Horse LW&C digests around 23 of the 30 and stopped Cerebus maybe 15 issues from the end. I bought them and planned to read them but never did.:fear:

Edited by Bird
Greyshort!

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

You should read the ABC comics stuff...it all has different strengths. Tom Strong is old time wonder, Tomorrow Stories is anthology (with great Jack B Quick stories and a Greyshirt 8 pager that can be read front to back, back to front, top to bottom, or bottom to top and still tell the same story), etc.

I never finished Lone Wolf and Cub or Cerebus. Yes I have them all but just never read them. I stopped reading the Dark Horse LW&C digests around 23 of the 30 and stopped Cerebus maybe 15 issues from the end. I bought them and planned to read them but never did.:fear:

I just finished Lone Wolf and Cub on Comixology. An amazing series! 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Lone Wolf and Cub was repetitive as heck. Don't thing you are missing much if you read the first 5 or 6

14 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Maus by Art Spiegelman. Always wanted to read it.

Invincible by Kirkman. Heard many good things about it.

Ragnarök by Walt Simonson. 

A bunch of post Watchmen  Alan Moore stuff like

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Promethea

Tom Strong

Top 10 was so good.  My favorite ABC Comic.

Patrick

9 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Top 10 was so good.  My favorite ABC Comic.

Patrick

The first Top 10, yes. Procedural police drama set in comics and a ton of fun. Make you cry too maybe. When Alan Moore left it to Zander Cannon it was just okay.