• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)

Something pretty crazy just popped-up,

It seems that X-Men Gold #1 has some hidden messages in some of the art. More infos can be found here in this reddit thread. That's pretty wild if true! I wonder if Marvel will pull the issues? Anybody has stories of hidden messages printed out before in the history of comics? 

I'm not sure why the artist decided to do this. It's a pretty sure way to end your own career! 

49 minutes ago, Doktor said:

As much as the cynical side of me says "they'll probably embrace it" as well, I think he might get his fired for this one. 

Given the diversity in the X-Men and what the message refers to, it seems like very poor judgement on his part.

Edited by Ken Aldred

well, considering that Marvel's "statement" didn't include any sort of apology, and only a comment to remove it from future reprinting, the cynical side of me is starting to win out.

Tho now that I'm thinking about it since it's a fairly anti-semitic reference, if Ike finds out about it, he might step in on this one & just can the dude himself. 

Funny how these guys who are trying to make 'statements' always have 'no comment' when confronted....

Just now, kav said:

Funny how these guys who are trying to make 'statements' always have 'no comment' when confronted....

Well, cowards and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons generally can't defend their cowardice or idiotic statements.  

Mostly people's definition of 'smart' is someone who agrees with them.