• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

Just now, oakman29 said:

Where's my rights, or freedoms not to have my children exposed to it? Yes he has freedoms, but so do I.

But-but-but-FREEDOM AND STUFF!!!!!   Plus DIVERSITY!!!!

22 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I don't care what religious differences there are, or what side of your debate you fall in.

You don't preach your beliefs on someone else's dime, and specially in a comic book that children are privy to. As a parent I don't want to expose my children to things that I personally don't agree with. When they become adults, then they can decide what they want to do. I understand the religious rights of the artist, but don't shove that down my kids throats.

^^

39 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I don't care what religious differences there are, or what side of your debate you fall in.

You don't preach your beliefs on someone else's dime, and specially in a comic book that children are privy to. As a parent I don't want to expose my children to things that I personally don't agree with. When they become adults, then they can decide what they want to do. I understand the religious rights of the artist, but don't shove that down my kids throats.

I ran out of likes, so +1.

I do find it funny that the editors missed that weird thing on the baseball jersey and weren't like "huh?  what's that"?  

But then again this is Marvel, the editors are probably so disgusted with their books, even they don't want to read them anymore. 

53 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

How is putting 212 on a building exposing your children to anything? How is it different from putting 875 or 666?  575?

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

How is putting 212 on a building exposing your children to anything? How is it different from putting 875 or 666?  575?

It's forcing an agenda on children. Who cares if the kids" get it" or not.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Also, kids can hear about the controversy, google it just like adults can.

What does it say on the front of the bus?

We quit our troops?

Has anyone noticed that?

Edited by oakman29

19 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

It's forcing an agenda on children. Who cares if the kids" get it" or not.

No it isn't, even if kids actually read this current Marvel :censored:. They probably wouldn't even notice this, let alone understand it. It's a reference to Indonesian politics. You probably wouldn't have noticed or understood it (if you had read the book) if you didn't click on this thread.

14 minutes ago, kav said:

That doesn't come from the book. Kids can see much worse in the news and/or online.

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

What does it say on the front of the bus?

We quit our troops?

:facepalm: WE SU(PPOR)T OUR TROOPS with most of the "PPOR" obscured by a head. And it's a fire truck.

Edited by Lazyboy
****ing typos

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:
11 minutes ago, kav said:

That doesn't come from the book. Kids can see much worse in the news and/or online.

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

So, if kids google inappropriate material someone could say 'well they can see much worse-what's the big deal-' yeah that argument is a non starter.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

So, if kids google inappropriate material someone could say 'well they can see much worse-what's the big deal-' yeah that argument is a non starter.

Well if my kids can see much worse then sheit I should expose them to any lewd activity. 

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

No it isn't, even if kids actually read this current Marvel :censored:. They probably wouldn't even notice this, let alone understand it. It's a reference to Indonesian politics. You probably wouldn't have notices or understood it (if you had read the book) if you didn't click on this thread.

:facepalm: WE SU(PPOR)T OUT TROOPS with most of the "PPOR" obscured by a head.

Oh okay.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Well if my kids can see much worse then sheit I should expose them to any lewd activity. 

might as well