• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What GA comic would you buy with 3K/4K? to Invest

34 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2017 at 5:08 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

INVEST in your happiness and you will never go wrong ? For me that was recently a V-Comics #2, a US Jones #2, a Pep #34, and a Weird Comics #20. These individually all ranged from about $2400-$4100 respectfully and I couldn't be happier with the investment. Just trading' paper for paper ?

As far as your REAL question i like that WW you chose and DKs choices will never fail. These are pretty hot right now though like the Tec 69s of the world have had a pretty decent upswing. Hard to predict because while they seem expensive now they could look cheap down the road. I'd wouldn't, "invest" any big money on something without a classic cover or a 1st app. 

My Real answer is still the 1st paragraph though so if an uber high grade funny animal or dare i say western is your thing that's what i would buy. I don't think many of those will hit the 3-4K mark but you get my point 

well said Gino; especially the paper for paper :smile:

With the keys and classic covers already well pass this target pricing level of $3K to $4K, maybe it's time to switch strategies a bit.

With the big name pedigrees coming back into the forefront as of late, look for "relatively cheap" copies of any Edgar Church book that's available in the marketplace.  Especially if they are from an established title and hopefully features a well-known super hero character.  hm

Don't know if there's any around right now, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try and look.  :wishluck:

Not sure how much you want to get back in 5 years, but I'd say it's a big gamble. 

You could try it safe with something that's retained it's value for the last 5-10 years.  Maybe a classic cover.

Maybe a low grade book that's 4k now at entry level.  If it's in high demand then entry level will probably be higher in 5 years. 

Or x4 1k low level entry level books.  Don't for get that even if you could sell the 4k of books back right away you'll probably have to consider the $400-$600 for just the fees.  

Anything I've made $ on regarding GA was just happy accidents from buying books I like. 

It sure seems possible to make $ if you don't mind sitting on books for a long time, have no emotional attachment to them, do a ton of research, and have enough investment $ to buy quick and take chances.

That's my 2c

I think I'd start a list of books that  are currently under 4k and I feel are undervalued at this time and work backwards from there.

Still a lot of classic cover type books with room to grow. I think many books like Suspense #8 or Cap #74 and any number of LB Cole covers or Atlas comics should have growth ahead. 

Edited by N e r V

I vote for Tec 69. You can still get a halfway decent copy for 3K. There's a lot of Joker covers out there, but most tend to make him incidental to the action. If you want one that keeps the focus squarely on the man, the 69 is the only one that fits the bill in my opinion. 

On 4/8/2017 at 5:08 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

INVEST in your happiness and you will never go wrong ? For me that was recently a V-Comics #2, a US Jones #2, a Pep #34, and a Weird Comics #20. These individually all ranged from about $2400-$4100 respectfully and I couldn't be happier with the investment. Just trading' paper for paper ?

As far as your REAL question i like that WW you chose and DKs choices will never fail. These are pretty hot right now though like the Tec 69s of the world have had a pretty decent upswing. Hard to predict because while they seem expensive now they could look cheap down the road. I'd wouldn't, "invest" any big money on something without a classic cover or a 1st app. 

My Real answer is still the 1st paragraph though so if an uber high grade funny animal or dare i say western is your thing that's what i would buy. I don't think many of those will hit the 3-4K mark but you get my point 

Good luck on a pep 34....? one day I'll have a copy...

35 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Here's mine!! Book can still be had around the 4K mark BunkyB has one for sale on his convention stock list it presents very well too ?

Pep Comics #34 CGC 4.0

Now, that's a real nice looking copy of Pep 34 with the classic cover that would look good in anybody's collection, especially my own.  :takeit:

I guess it must be the PQ that's keeping the grade down. 

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that's a real nice looking copy of Pep 34 with the classic cover that would look good in anybody's collection, especially my own.  :takeit:

I guess it must be the PQ that's keeping the grade down. 

hehe thanks brother i have yet to purchase the notes but have been meaning too it was graded 8/2014. 

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I picked this up 2 nights ago for $2650 so I guess that answers the OPs question for me.  Needs a CF, but I'm pretty happy.  Namor is such a great character and has such a rich history.  Plus a "Fighting the Nazis" cover. (thumbsu

s-l1600-51.jpg

:golfclap:that's a great deal for Submariner #1  congrats! I am looking to buy early GA Submariner comics and/or with him on the cover Marvel Mystery comics etc

11 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Here's mine!! Book can still be had around the 4K mark BunkyB has one for sale on his convention stock list it presents very well too ?

Pep Comics #34 CGC 4.0

I think I have commented before on this one, Gino but can't help swoon again - such a cool and attractive copy.  

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Pep Comics #34 CGC 4.0

That is SWEET!!!  Ill hopefully have one this year?

Edited by SushiX