• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May comiclink auction
2 2

99 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

Did you know those facts or had to research them for your post? I did not have HBO in the early years. I just remembered I would catch it sometimes before the sopronoes. I did however buy the Spawn collection and have watched it three times. You are saying spawn sucks and I am trying to explain why me and so many others liked it and you bust out your imdb and emmy facts. Dude you are funny!

You are seriously stupid. I literally can't believe how stupid you are. 

If I was at work I would make my one of my analysts in my unit order IQ testing for you with the expectation you would have listing level IQs for Social Security Disability.

Show me where I said Spawn sucks in this thread? Where have I complete bashed the show, even mentioned the comic, or its creator.

You were overhyping the importance of the show. No I didn't need to look up every fact about what I posted on IMDB.

As I mentioned I recall Spawn came out when I was in 8th grade in 1997 and I already knew the Sopranos (you butchered the spelling of this show numerous times in this thread, not that it matters in the age of smart phones as I get sloppy but your spellings of this have been amusing, and indicative of your IQ)first season was 1999.

Spawn premiering in 1997 and the Sopranos premiering in 1999 proved your soap box stance that you couldn't believe others never heard of the show because it was the lead in to the Sopranos EVERY week proved your information was faulty. I mostly went to IMDB to see what Emmy awards were won, and to see how many episodes of the show were even made.

I also like how you have a problem with the Emmy facts yet you are the one that brought the Emmy awards into the discussion. You clearly can't stand the fact that I was able to tear apart some of your information, which I could have done without even looking anything up.

I try and settle things and now you are calling me stupid. Any chance you are going to mega con? I would love to see you in person =)

By the way my IQ was very high when I was tested as a kid. Not that I put a lot of stock in that anyways. What is your full name by the way?

Whether you or people you defended said spawn sucked and that is why you call me stupid?!? You got issues pal.  You made the negative comment about the spawn show not being that good and that an emmy means nothing. Just please stop being a keyboard warrior and if you want to call me stupid have the balls to wait to do it to my face! I get around so I wont be that hard to find ;)

OH yea I just type this stuff fast so I dont treat speling on my posting like you do you dull-witted fool!

18 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

I try and settle things and now you are calling me stupid. Any chance you are going to mega con? I would love to see you in person =)

By the way my IQ was very high when I was tested as a kid. Not that I put a lot of stock in that anyways. What is your full name by the way?

Whether you or people you defended said spawn sucked and that is why you call me stupid?!? You got issues pal.  You made the negative comment about the spawn show not being that good and that an emmy means nothing. Just please stop being a keyboard warrior and if you want to call me stupid have the balls to wait to do it to my face! I get around so I wont be that hard to find ;)

OH yea I just type this stuff fast so I dont treat speling on my posting like you do you dull-witted fool!

Reminds me of the time another boardie wanted to see me in person. It earned him a strike and he quickly recanted when others on the board told him to go look at my pictures in the What Do You Look Like Thread.

1 minute ago, Mephisto said:

Reminds me of the time another boardie wanted to see me in person. It earned him a strike and he quickly recanted when others on the board told him to go look at my pictures in the What Do You Look Like Thread.

A life's truth spoken by Sonny Barger..."everybody's a tough guy until they meet a tough guy!"

Me, I'm a lover not a fighter. :sumo:

7 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

Cmon Mephisto lets put it under the bridge for now =)   I dont like problems in this hobby of ours. I get enough elsewhere. You dont like Spawn. I do. Fair enough?

I will let this go BUT I never said I didn't like Spawn anywhere.

From what I Little I saw and know of the movie I would probably not invest any time in that.

The 5 minutes of the cartoon I saw about 20 years ago didn't grab me but the first time I saw Aqua Teen I thought WTF and turned the channel only to actually watch it and enjoy the hell out of it.

I have never read a single Spawn comic and would not be against reading the first 10 or so issues and see if it'd like to continue. In fact Spawn 2 is one of my favorite  covers from the 1990's and I used to own a CGC Signature Series copy signed by Todd although it's Ken Steacy's colors that really grab me with that cover. 

Besides I dont want to ruin things between us because you might get a nice Mcfarlane for sale =)

5 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I will let this go BUT I never said I didn't like Spawn anywhere.

From what I Little I saw and know of the movie I would probably not invest any time in that.

The 5 minutes of the cartoon I saw about 20 years ago didn't grab me but the first time I saw Aqua Teen I thought WTF and turned the channel only to actually watch it and enjoy the hell out of it.

I have never read a single Spawn comic and would not be against reading the first 10 or so issues and see if it'd like to continue. In fact Spawn 2 is one of my favorite  covers from the 1990's and I used to own a CGC Signature Series copy signed by Todd although it's Ken Steacy's colors that really grab me with that cover. 

Ah Man Ken Steacy was killing it on those covers. Maybe I got you confused with another poster. I just hate when I have good intentions making a post only to have it met with insults against creators I look up too. Thats all. Lets put this behind us and move on. I remember being offered Spawn#1 by Ken Steacy years ago. He still does great work. I commissioned him a few years back. Knocked it out the park. I would give Spawn a look over again, cartoon and comic.

Funny I just saw Todd just posted this...

https://godzillagamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/todd-mcfarlane-reveals-completed-spawn-movie--script/

At least I am looking forward to it =)

I will jump us back to the May Auction.  I personally think the Spawn artwork will do well.  I haven't seen a lot come to auction so I would guess there is a lot of pent up demand.  For myself, I prefer his work on Spiderman because I always enjoyed buying it off the stands and looking at his artwork.  Both have some pretty dramatic poses, etc.  

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I will jump us back to the May Auction.  I personally think the Spawn artwork will do well.  I haven't seen a lot come to auction so I would guess there is a lot of pent up demand.  For myself, I prefer his work on Spiderman because I always enjoyed buying it off the stands and looking at his artwork.  Both have some pretty dramatic poses, etc.  

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I like that spidey cover by Gil Kane! I wonder what that will do.

Just now, Overthetopinc said:

I like that spidey cover by Gil Kane! I wonder what that will do.

I wonder that myself.  It has sold once before but for the life of me, I can't remember the price.  I think it is on vellum but not positive.

11 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I wonder that myself.  It has sold once before but for the life of me, I can't remember the price.  I think it is on vellum but not positive.

That is interesting. This is the first time I have seen it. Not that it matters. But one thing I found out, is that vellum looks a lot better in person then in a pic. It really makes the inks look rich and vibrant.

9 hours ago, Overthetopinc said:

Hard for me to beleive that you read 150 issues of Spawn and had no idea there was the HBO show that aired every week before the Sopronoes. I think you are the one misinformed. Spawn was great from the beginning to 150+. When Todd and Greg did those books it was amazing. There are no story lines like in other comics which makes me think you never even read a Spawn comic. It one continuous battle of Spawn trying to put his life together while fighting Heaven and hell at the same time. 

I only bought and read the first 10 or so issues of Spawn and as you say there was no solid storyline. 

It looks like HBO Spawn was a cartoon? If so that makes more sense. I don't watch cartoons. When you said show I assumed you were talking about a live action tv show. 

Not here to start a fight.  I'm glad that you enjoy your comic and cartoon. They just aren't for me. 

If a live action tv show or movie is ever made I'd be willing to give it a fair shot. 

As far as the auction itself, there's a solid sampling of modern art (1980s and up) to catch my interest and not kill my bank account. Since the Big Dogs focus on the Silver Age stuff, I have a chance to add to my collection.

I'm a big J. G. Jones's fan, and I'm curious as to what the 52 cover will go for. The various 52 covers were originally offered at $1500 or so...some for more, I think, a couple for less...and sold at a leisurely pace. A decade later, will this one find a growing market or will the owner take a hit?

The Jones's Catwoman cover is special, too.