• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask CGC Q got deleted with no answer?

36 posts in this topic

I posted a Q in the 'ask CGC' forum and it was pending approval for over a week and then just got deleted?

Maybe someone else has asked this question before:

I want to know if it is possible to have a CGC label written in Canadian/British English.

For example, if one slabs a TOS 40, the label will read 'first appearance of gold armor' and I would like it to read 'first appearance of gold armour.'

Is this possible? 

4 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

I posted a Q in the 'ask CGC' forum and it was pending approval for over a week and then just got deleted?

Maybe someone else has asked this question before:

I want to know if it is possible to have a CGC label written in Canadian/British English.

For example, if one slabs a TOS 40, the label will read 'first appearance of gold armor' and I would like it to read 'first appearance of gold armour.'

Is this possible? 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no, this is probably not possible." What you're asking for is essentially a custom label and I can't see that request being granted. 

14 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no, this is probably not possible." What you're asking for is essentially a custom label and I can't see that request being granted. 

I would understand if I was asking for something totally different than the norm, but really one extra letter is a problem?:frown:

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Shh, you're going to get us all killed! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

lollol

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

This one went over my head, I don't get it.

Nothing really to get, was just a funny/ silly post to me.

Just now, Patriot6 said:

Why would they be unwilling to do it though?

It's a hassle.  I'm sure they have the information typed into a database and associated with each book.  To address your request they'd have to type in additional information, add additional lines to submitter's forms to allow you to request the change, and then select data associated to your request in the form.  Then they'd likely get requests for other languages.  

I look at it as an American grading company using American language standards and I'm  ok with it.

7 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

It's a hassle.  I'm sure they have the information typed into a database and associated with each book.  To address your request they'd have to type in additional information, add additional lines to submitter's forms to allow you to request the change, and then select data associated to your request in the form.  Then they'd likely get requests for other languages.  

Good point. I was looking at it as if someone was typing it each time...I'm a dreamer!

7 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I look at it as an American grading company using American language standards and I'm  ok with it.

I agree. I just think that it wouldn't bother me as much if I TRIED to get it written as armour and they said no, because there was no alternative. 

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Maybe call CGC, I'm sure they'll be able to answer, and also if yes how to go about submitting for your request. (thumbsu

I will do that. Seems like the best route.

52 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

What's the difference? I asked more than once what materials the slabs are made from, and they ignored it. 

I asked awhile back and saved the e-mail. Hope this helps

Thank you for your email. Our cases are made of archival plastic and the inner well is PETG plastic. Micro chamber paper is used, none of our encapsulations are air/water tight. You can reholder your books whenever you choose to do so. Reholder service is not required and your book is safe the entire time it is encapsulated. The micro-chamber paper has been approved by the Library of Congress for the preservation of paper.