• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, G.A.tor said:

I just realized bedrock has some pretty crappy comics. 

And he's also posted about 20 crappy comics. I'm so confused. What actually are Bedrock's top 5? Inquiring minds want to know!

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

And he's also posted about 20 crappy comics. I'm so confused. What actually are Bedrock's top 5? Inquiring minds want to know!

He's a rebel. He don't follow no stinking rules ... no top 5 for you!

19 hours ago, Point Five said:

OK, finally tried my hand at this. :D At first glance my collection doesn't lend itself that well to the top 5 exercise, as I have tons of different niche interests and not many big keys. But I love these early DCs and Fox so much, and the Chamber of Chills gets classic precode and GGA in there so it rounds out the group nicely. A good mix of 'earliest', 'love 'em the most' and 'toughest for me to replace'. Bright colors and big logos abound!

a4lb9g.jpg

Great stuff! A nice range of themes and publishers. The Zatara cover is mesmerizing. And that pre-Robin Tec by Leo O'Mealia is awesome hardboiled detective stuff. A nice group of 5 to stare at when you're stranded on a desert island.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, MrBedrock said:

Last five Pennsylvanias...

submariner6.jpg

rangers13.jpg

specialedition1.jpg

mm36.jpg

all-american21.jpg

I love that detailed blueprint in MMC 36 for how to invade New York City, especially the "Soldiers put on divers' helmet in air lock." Clearly the OSS was asleep on the job when that key information came to light in Fall 1942. 

12 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 5/11/2017 at 9:09 PM, G.A.tor said:

I just realized bedrock has some pretty crappy comics. 

He was always very weak at math. 

31 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

What a great thread. So many impressive books, the mind reels.

Here's my last 5.  They bring me joy, and I never tire of looking at them. This could all change once I sweep up all the Berk Mystery Mens. 

My_Last_Five_2017_05_17_300_9w_7q_zpskyg

I'm not sure what i am more impressed with... the books or how seamlessly you cropped out the label on that Weird!! Seriously AWESOME stuff!! 5 dynamite Classics for sure!! 

On 5/12/2017 at 2:37 PM, Point Five said:

OK, finally tried my hand at this. :D At first glance my collection doesn't lend itself that well to the top 5 exercise, as I have tons of different niche interests and not many big keys. But I love these early DCs and Fox so much, and the Chamber of Chills gets classic precode and GGA in there so it rounds out the group nicely. A good mix of 'earliest', 'love 'em the most' and 'toughest for me to replace'. Bright colors and big logos abound!

a4lb9g.jpg

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

40 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

What a great thread. So many impressive books, the mind reels.

Here's my last 5.  They bring me joy, and I never tire of looking at them. This could all change once I sweep up all the Berk Mystery Mens. 

My_Last_Five_2017_05_17_300_9w_7q_zpskyg

You have incredible taste my good man !

9 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I'm not sure what i am more impressed with... the books or how seamlessly you cropped out the label on that Weird!! Seriously AWESOME stuff!! 5 dynamite Classics for sure!! 

Thanks Gino!

...how seamlessly you cropped out the label on that Weird!!

Let's just say I learned the hard way. 

On Thu May 18 2017 at 10:09 AM, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks Batman_Fan! When it comes to taste, you take top honors!!

You both taste fabulou....

..uh...wait....what?

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Yep. I have nine more to add to my pile of "five".

lol