• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I guess I'll go with these.  It was a tough choice to narrow it down to 5

20170508_124816.jpg

Don't come much cooler than those!

On 5/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, catman76 said:

No one is going to be impressed with my picks lol  and I guess I broke the rules since most aren't golden age, but these are the one's I'd pick if I had to only have 5 comics for the rest of my life, just ones I enjoy the most and have sentimental value to me.

007.JPG

Hey Catman, I think you got the point of the title of this thread. It isn't who has the most expensive books, it's what 5 are the most important to you. All fine choices. I have always loved that Suspense and have yet to own one. 

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Catman, I think you got the point of the title of this thread. It isn't who has the most expensive books, it's what 5 are the most important to you. All fine choices. I have always loved that Suspense and have yet to own one. 

Let's not forget to show some love for Kid Colt 180! Kirby monster western cover equivalent of an X-Men 67-93 (cover first appeared on Kid Colt 107). It may not be GA, but it's awesome, and tough as bronze books go. :headbang:

As you can see, books that highlight the main character in a larger scale than anything else on the cover is what catches my eye. So in this instance Batman looming over the castle,  Sandman with his gas gun, Captain America punching Hitler, Samson pounding down on the robot, and Human Torch melting the safe door.

If memory serves, we have seen two people select Fantastic #3 among their picks in this thread; no appearances for Suspense #3...only thought of this because of the auction thread about those two a while back....but...anything surprise anyone due to its absence from all sets of 5 keepers presented thus far?

And Dark Knight....if your picks were baseball players, you would have a heckuva time setting a batting order! Wotta show; thanks!

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

If memory serves, we have seen two people select Fantastic #3 among their picks in this thread; no appearances for Suspense #3...only thought of this because of the auction thread about those two a while back....but...anything surprise anyone due to its absence from all sets of 5 keepers presented thus far?

And Dark Knight....if your picks were baseball players, you would have a heckuva time setting a batting order! Wotta show; thanks!

You have a Suspense 3 to keep one so might not be a selection for most.

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Thanks Readcomix and to everyone else as well.  I do not have a Suspense #3, but would definitely be in consideration if I had a copy.  I'm glad my collection is small or else I would have a difficult time putting together my top 5 lol

Just now, Dark Knight said:

Very similar to mine.  Nice books Ben! :applause: Welcome to the Marvel 1 and Cap 1 club as well!

Thanks B! We are near clones when it comes to collecting vintage material. This might be a better representation of my 5 keepers:

IMG_9715.JPG

9 hours ago, Primetime said:

Thanks B! We are near clones when it comes to collecting vintage material. This might be a better representation of my 5 keepers:

IMG_9715.JPG

Rule breaker. No regard for authority. Geesh