• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's TITANS on HBO Max
1 1

278 posts in this topic

It turns out the Bosch star is a huge fan of DC Comics, and barely had to be convinced to play the infamous supervillain.

Casting Titus Welliver in Titans was not a hard sell. Though best-known for playing the hard-nosed titular detective on Bosch, Welliver is actually a big comics fan — as Titans showrunner Greg Walker discovered when he called the actor to pitch him on playing Lex Luthor. 

"You usually have to do this whole dog-and-pony show to get an actor to do the show," Walker tells EW over Zoom. "But when I called to kind of lure him in, I could barely get a word in. We were talking on the phone and he was just walking through his library, telling me about all his Wolfman/Perez Titans editions. He's a giant, giant fan. He'd watched every episode of the show, and could tell me about certain stories, certain shots. It was the most unexpected call I've ever had." 

Titans season 4 premieres on HBO Max this November. 

HBO Max reveals the costumes for Brother Blood, Mother Mayhem, and Jinx in Titans season 4. One of HBO Max's most popular DC TV shows is Titans, a gritty live-action adaptation of the Teen Titans mythology, which is returning for season 4 after having been on a hiatus since late 2021. After defeating Scarecrow in Titans season 3, Nightwing and his band of heroes leave Gotham City behind and head toward their next adventure.

In Titans season 4, the gang will face one of the Teen Titans' most iconic villains from the comics. Joseph Morgan, best known for playing Klaus Mikaelson in The Vampire Diaries franchise, will appear as Sebastian Sanger, a.k.a. Brother Blood, the leader of a supernatural cult. Morgan, a series regular, will also be joined by May Bennett, a.k.a. Mother Mayhem, played by Franka Potente. In addition to Brother Blood and Mother Mayhem, Lisa Ambalavanar will recur as Jinx, a member of the Fearsome Five. Titus Welliver's Lex Luthor will also be a new villain in Titans season 4, giving the heroes plenty of threats.

TT01.PNG.9b3b28dd677d95ea547a7e75a79cf95e.PNG

TT02.thumb.PNG.d6769f7e06c4f60adb196a01b4010e28.PNG

TT03.PNG.bddea0c97adbcd5bc2dac40a0861ca09.PNG