• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's TITANS on HBO Max
1 1

278 posts in this topic

I have not watched any of this show. 

Can someone tell me - as a big fan of the Perez/Wolfman New Teen Titans - how disappointed am I going to be if I watch it?

Yeah, yeah, TV is different from comic books.  Have to allow for some changes.  No budget big enough to really "do" the comics (but is it really low budget...?) 

Seriously, how disappointed?  

:eek:

Edited by Axelrod

On 10/28/2022 at 10:35 PM, Axelrod said:

Can someone tell me - as a big fan of the Perez/Wolfman New Teen Titans - how disappointed am I going to be if I watch it?

Yeah, yeah, TV is different from comic books.  Have to allow for some changes.  No budget big enough to really "do" the comics (but is it really low budget...?) 

I really enjoyed season 1.   I  thought season 2 was a disappointment. 

Huge NTT fan from the days I bought them at my LCS

On 10/28/2022 at 10:35 PM, Axelrod said:

If your starting point is, "How disappointed am I going to be..." then you are already coming to the table wanting to not enjoy it. Go watch Young Justice Season 1-4 instead.

For me, I've liked it. And I was reading and having fun with the New Teen Titans since the 1980s.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

If your starting point is, "How disappointed am I going to be..." then you are already coming to the table wanting to not enjoy it. Go watch Young Justice Season 1-4 instead.

For me, I've liked it. And I was reading and having fun with the New Teen Titans since the 1980s.

I mean, yeah.  It's not that I don't want to enjoy it, but I can imagine myself being extra critical of every flaw.  

I also know nothing about Young Justice except it's animated.  Is it like a Teen Titans adaptation?  

On 10/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Axelrod said:

I mean, yeah.  It's not that I don't want to enjoy it, but I can imagine myself being extra critical of every flaw.  

I also know nothing about Young Justice except it's animated.  Is it like a Teen Titans adaptation?  

Although the title would lead you to believe it comes from the original Young Justice series, it is more like The New Teen Titans 2.0 with all of the excitement that comes with this concept.

So much of the DC goodness you look for in a series. And throughout the seasons you get Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Vandal Savage, Darkseid, Blue Beetle, Shazam (Captain Marvel), Lady Shiva, Black Lightning, Batman, Superman and much, much more.

I just started Season 3 and am enjoying it immensely. While different from the comic, it is fairly faithful.

Perhaps I missed it, but how is it Grayson was sent to prison under his own name, escaped and is now back on the force? Did eveyone just give Garth a pass for killing the researchers?  Superboy puts dozens of cops in the hospital and everyone just shrugs it off?

Edited by shadroch

On 10/29/2022 at 3:01 PM, shadroch said:

I just started Season 3 and am enjoying it immensely. While different from the comic, it is fairly faithful.

Perhaps I missed it, but how is it Grayson was sent to prison under his own name, escaped and is now back on the force? Did eveyone just give Garth a pass for killing the researchers?  Superboy puts dozens of cops in the hospital and everyone just shrugs it off?

No clue about Grayson in prison but as a HARDCORE Nightwing fan I gave up on this show 2 seasons ago.  I just needed it to be decent and this was CW bad.