• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

Here's a little fun for this thread. I picked these up about two weeks ago in the same deal. I figured all three would have fewer than 10 on the census, but to my surprise only two did, and the one I thought would have the fewest had the most. I'm guessing it may well be the least common of the three, but it also may simply have the highest percentage of its existing copies slabbed? (shrug) Anyway, it's National 24 = 4 unrestored (6 total), Pep 40 = 8 unrestored (that's everything), Silver Streak 16 = 11 unrestored (12 total).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think we originally said just books up through the late 40's for this thread, but '52 is close and the thread needs a boost. I picked up an old Heritage catalog today in a used book store (from 2014) and was surprised to read in the blurb on the copy they offered at that time that they had never seen one before. Three on the census.

image.jpeg

Funnies 64 has 14 copies and it used to be much fewer as this was once highest graded.

Crackajack Funnies 39 has 4 copies graded (9.2, 9.0 6.0 and a restored midgrade) with this being highest graded.  CGC doesn't note it as the 1st appearance of Andy Panda, either online or on label. 

IMG_0602.jpg

Edited by ft88
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ft888/media/Golden Age/Cartoon/IMG_0602.jpg.html?sort=9&o=5[/img]