• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep your second favorite 5 books
1 1

61 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

DarkMysteries19_zps655ad144.jpg

sta4_79a.jpg

BlackCat50VG-.jpg

Planet17_zps7e68f8c9.jpg

PlanetComics10cgc50front_zps6443acbd.jpg

How Planet 10 isn't listed as a, "Classic Cover" on the label I am not sure...definitely one of my favorites of the run and of course a rivet cover which I greatly enjoy. Cool Books K!!

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

How Planet 10 isn't listed as a, "Classic Cover" on the label I am not sure...definitely one of my favorites of the run and of course a rivet cover which I greatly enjoy. Cool Books K!!

I would hate to be one of the poor comic-book high-priests that has the onerous burden of deciding what covers are classic. At times, it seems pretty darn arbitrary. I mean, does it get MORE classic than Action 1??? I suppose a distinction could be made between iconic and classic, but at some point it's splitting hairs.

Two of the great classic covers from decades ago that have dropped off the radar a bit are Target no. 1 and 7 - Everett and Wolverton masterpieces. Schomburg deservedly gets a lot of love now, and Baker is HOT while Raboy seems to have cooled slightly.

And which Planets to designate? Where do you stop. And I feel it would be easier to say which books were NOT classics for a title like Marvel Mystery. So too for a lot of the Avon one-shots and PCH and so on!

All worthy grist for the mill. B|

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Johnny545 said:

Maybe my second batch of 5 favorites at least as of today.  

6067002c-18b6-42aa-820e-ef94e403207f_zps

Simply put - wow. I'm really going to have to go look at your top five now!

p.s. It seems you like red covers.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Gino I can really appreciate CGC 1.0 comics that present well , those these are some great looking low grade book $$!!

Thanks brother i appreciate it!! I'm all about eye appeal I have a few books that are low low grade that i am good with for now but would like to upgrade and the 2 1.0s i have here are on that list but they don't seem to come up often. JBs WW32 and Cap3 will both be outta my league i am sure. I am happy i got the Cap 3 when i did though this book never seems to lose steam 

13 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cool! Another top five horror set. I did mine in the first 5 thread. It was real tough but Weird Mysteries #5 and Weird Chills #2 just barely didn't make the cut. They would most definately make the second 5 set though!