• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thief of Thieves: what's going on with this title?

12 posts in this topic

Thief of Thieves: what's going on with this title?

Hey everyone - I searched for the Official Thief of Thieves thread and went 14 pages back and didn't see it (maybe I missed it) - is this canceled?  I've not seen any solicits for it in the past few months unless I missed that, too (typically I don't) - does anyone have the scoop on what's up with this title?  Is it canceled?  It's a great story so I hope not...(crosses fingers)

I've read this book since the beginning and much enjoyed it too.

For me, the best arcs were the early ones, say #1-18 or so. I loved the relationship between Conrad and his son; for me that's the beating heart of the title. The Venice arc was cool too. The darker arcs in the 20s didn't work for me, and the villains got too cliché. I still think it's a concept bursting with potential, but (if I'm honest) switching up the writers seemed to scramble the tone too much. The art has been gorgeous all the way through though.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Does anyone know if I can email Image or something to inquire about what's going on?  Anyone?  Beuller?  Beuller???  

Any updates on this or should I just give up on it?  Thoughts anyone?

I thought someone big quit from the book and they needed more time to continue. 

Can't recall, but thought it was Diggle and was mentioned in the last book. 

It's taken a long time off before, I could see it returning.  Though the past sales numbers would tell us what the true fate is. 

Patrick