• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin hates CGC!
3 3

819 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

One Stan Lee is enough for me, it's not worth nothing anyway.lol

I got this layin around if ya want it

Vampirella_1_SS_9-4.jpg

Just now, oakman29 said:

If only that Adams sig. Wasn't on it.:whistle:

well I also got this

s-l500.jpg

1 minute ago, kav said:

When he was my neighbor Frazetta signed a buncha stuff before I could stop him plus he was always tryin to dump his old pages on me.

That doosh.:smirk:. Worthless .

Edited by oakman29
Wouldn't let me say c rap

Just now, oakman29 said:

Is Vampiretta Vampirellas Mexican sister?

Its a chola Vamp with them tremendous eye brows

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Wow this thing has some legs on Facebook.  Starlin's post has 1,100 likes and 196 comments with most being "good for you" and "I've thought the same way for years". 

Yep. The CGC-haters are out in full force. Beerbohm verbosely piled on as well.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. 

Read it again.

It doesn't say "the ONLY thing." It says "the thing." There is a difference in meaning between those two statements, however subtle that difference is perceived to be (and it's not subtle.) No exclusion of other factors is implied, nor should be inferred. That much is made clear by the context of the very next sentence

"Amplify" means "to make larger, greater, or stronger; enlarge; extend." 

These sorts of misunderstandings...willful or innocent...are why many of my posts are long. 

I understand what are you are saying. I would just add that there are a few exceptions to the rule (which you may have stated earlier). For example you could take a dollar bin 90s Star Wars comic that virtually has no value but if it is signed by Harrison Ford, suddenly it will command a very good price.  Same with an old Terminator comic signed by Arnold.  

2 minutes ago, CAHokie said:

I understand what are you are saying. I would just add that there are a few exceptions to the rule (which you may have stated earlier). For example you could take a dollar bin 90s Star Wars comic that virtually has no value but if it is signed by Harrison Ford, suddenly it will command a very good price.  Same with an old Terminator comic signed by Arnold.  

BINGO

42 minutes ago, kav said:

BINGO

Again though, those are extreme exceptions to the rule. In general the vast majority of signed comics are valued first on what they are and how nice they are. A signature of someone will usually just bump it up a bit, barring it being very unique or desired. 

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Is RMA finally too pooped to spew his wall of text.

My apologies for writing in complete sentences. I'll try to post more memes for you. Perhaps I can post one in the Spidey Super Stories format...?

"Easy Reader says...this post is easy to read!"

1-1.jpg

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

My apologies for writing in complete sentences. I'll try to post more memes for you. Perhaps I can post one in the Spidey Super Stories format...?

"Easy Reader says...this post is easy to read!"

1-1.jpg

Funny dude.:blahblah: