• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Characters in DC Comics and DC Characters in Marvel Comics (plus generic unauthorised cameos and references!)
4 4

64 posts in this topic

On May 24, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Ares said:

Green Lantern Vol 3 57

When Kyle first arrives in New York City, he's moving to his new address at 175 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village. On his way there, he encounters a bald Asian man, who tells him that he will show him to the address, but he might find the neighborhood a bit "strange." The scene is a nod to Marvel Comics character Doctor Strange, whose mansion is located at 177A Bleecker Street. The bald Asian man is supposed to be Strange's servant Wong.

AmdwWHN.jpg

And isn't that Cloak in the background to the right in the large panel?

On 5/24/2017 at 6:06 PM, Ares said:

Green Lantern Vol 3 57

When Kyle first arrives in New York City, he's moving to his new address at 175 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village. On his way there, he encounters a bald Asian man, who tells him that he will show him to the address, but he might find the neighborhood a bit "strange." The scene is a nod to Marvel Comics character Doctor Strange, whose mansion is located at 177A Bleecker Street. The bald Asian man is supposed to be Strange's servant Wong.

AmdwWHN.jpg

Why is Kyle wearing eyeshadow and underlip make up and WHY is there a tiny cigarette and tiny book of matches by his foot?? Ps Asian people are not orange I wish they'd stop with that.

Edited by kav

On 2017-05-23 at 6:07 AM, Ken Aldred said:

My favourite.

The appearance of an unknown super-speedster who's referred to in the comic as 'Buried Alien'.

Flash1.thumb.jpg.39bef86347833111d39afebed25782d9.jpg

Flash2.thumb.jpg.83518da5c5e6cc8da75a4354e859ef79.jpg

Flash3.thumb.jpg.4b52b1433e12219b2bc872689453f1ff.jpg

There are a few more panels, but nothing significant.

48 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Now that's more like it @Lazyboy! A Joker in the pack ?

I have some other good ones that would fit if this was a more generic "Unauthorized cameos (and references)" thread.

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
9 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Now that's more like it @Lazyboy! A Joker in the pack ?

I have some other good ones that would fit if this was a more generic "Unauthorized cameos (and references)" thread.

Then check out the new thread title and post away @Lazyboy :headbang:

On 5/24/2017 at 7:06 PM, Ares said:

Green Lantern Vol 3 57

AmdwWHN.jpg

Isn't that Cloak, in the background of the larger panel?

3 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Isn't that Cloak, in the background of the larger panel?

Not sure, but Lassie definately needs a hair cut. 

5 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

592b312dc9be9_JimmyBonus.thumb.jpg.ebc24f57e175b350d8ddec5231d98483.jpg

That photographer looks familiar. As an added bonus, Spidey meets some other new friends.

NiceShow.thumb.jpg.7214a70ae9ce5fd1d031f886a5abcce9.jpg

You would think X-Force would have better picture quality on a screen that size. Maybe it's just extra-dimensional interference. (shrug)

They were still on analogue then weren't they?