• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

Anyone who has read the books (still bloody waiting George) - knows the show is a poor distant cousin compared to them.

The TV show was good, but the books , so,so much better

Of course the show is different to the books. They released the show. It's been finished for years. The books stand no chance. 

The franchise is growing:

• Jon Snow
  • The Sea Snake
  • 10,000 Ships
  • A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (Dunk and Egg)
  • The Golden Empire (animated)
  • Additional one-shot or mini series animated projects
  • Tourney at Harrenhal Broadway play

:headbang:

About 2 years after finishing Season 1, I started Season 2 last week. As of yesterday, I have watched thru Season 4 Episode 2. Boy, I did not know that The Red Wedding was mid-series, even though I have not avoided any spoilers over the years.

There's only a handful of compelling characters in this series. Robb was one, but he's obviously dead now. Arya Stark, Daenerys, Tyrion, and Jon Snow are the only people left who aren't scum in some way, shape, or form.

I give it a 9/10, so far. There's some abysmal writing for plot movement, and the music during battles can be boring AF. Otherwise, despite its excess of edgy violence, it's fairly entertaining.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

About 2 years after finishing Season 1, I started Season 2 last week. As of yesterday, I have watched thru Season 4 Episode 2. Boy, I did not know that The Red Wedding was mid-series, even though I have not avoided any spoilers over the years.

There's only a handful of compelling characters in this series. Robb was one, but he's obviously dead now. Arya Stark, Daenerys, Tyrion, and Jon Snow are the only people left who aren't scum in some way, shape, or form.

I give it a 9/10, so far. There's some abysmal writing for plot movement, and the music during battles can be boring AF. Otherwise, despite its excess of edgy violence, it's fairly entertaining.

There is a lot more coming down in the later seasons… enjoy the show.:cheers:

On 9/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

• Jon Snow
  • The Sea Snake
  • 10,000 Ships
  • A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (Dunk and Egg)
  • The Golden Empire (animated)
  • Additional one-shot or mini series animated projects
  • Tourney at Harrenhal Broadway play

Of these, I think the ones that have the best chance of actually happening are the Jon Snow continuation story (people would at least tune in for that, I think, and give it a chance.  It would obviously have to rise and fall on it's own merits afterwards).  And the Dunk and Egg one, which currently has three stories as it's foundation.  Martin says he's roughed out ideas for at least 6 more, but can't work on them while he's finishing the current book - i.e. they are never happening.  But of the current three, each could potentially last a season (there's one great story, one middling one, and one pretty good one).  

I would eat a shoe if a show about the "Sea Snake" ever got off the ground, and I'm very dubious about that 10,000 ships thing considering they scrapped the other prequel show set X thousand years beforehand, and I think they even shot a pilot for that one.  I have no idea about the other stuff.  

On 9/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think around Season 6 is where they start to get ahead of the books and it begins to get clunky in spots. Still great up until S8, then weeellllll….. 

:eek:

On 9/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, bentbryan said:

I think around Season 6 is where they start to get ahead of the books and it begins to get clunky in spots. Still great up until S8, then weeellllll….. 

:eek:

Yeah, I'm very interested to see why S8 is so highly-criticized, and wondering if I'll think the same.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, I'm very interested to see why S8 is so highly-criticized, and wondering if I'll think the same.

It's not complete trash as some would lead you to believe. But it is very rushed.

With the two producers landing the next Star Wars movie franchise for Disney, it appears they wanted to wrap up GoT and move on. Even though GRRM had begged them to make it 10 seasons.

So that you may experience after all that wonderful building to an incredible show.