• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone seen my Lost/Stolen Action Comics #1 CGC Slabbed Page?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Nearly a year ago. in July 2016, FedEx lost my Action Comics #1 page (CGC Universal 7th page).

It was last tracked to their hub in Memphis, Tennessee.

You can read about it here in the original thread: LINK

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has seen this page pop up anywhere: eBay, craigslist, local comic shops, etc.? This page was the centerpiece of my collection, the last thing I'd ever want to lose and not a day goes by where I don't wonder where it is and if I'll ever have it returned to my collection. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks! :)

18 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

Nearly a year ago. in July 2016, FedEx lost my Action Comics #1 page (CGC Universal 7th page).

It was last tracked to their hub in Memphis, Tennessee.

You can read about it here in the original thread: LINK

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has seen this page pop up anywhere: eBay, craigslist, local comic shops, etc.? This page was the centerpiece of my collection, the last thing I'd ever want to lose and not a day goes by where I don't wonder where it is and if I'll ever have it returned to my collection. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks! :)

Dang!  I was wondering about this.  I had hoped that it had eventually arrived.  :sorry:

I bet its in a comic shop somewhere.  Where else would someone take it.  And the owner bought it for a couple hundred and put it on his wall.  Just a wild idea but what if you started calling every comic shop in tennessee and worked outward asking if they had any partial Action #1 in stock....

FedEx has a lost package clearance center somewhere.  It's a miserable place where bottom-feeders go to feast on the misfortune of others.  I once had a customer of mine gloat that he bought 2 cases of product I had shipped to a comic shop for pennies on the dollar.  It was a $500 loss for me, the customer was po'd, and this former friend couldn't stop himself from gloating.  The thing that's amazing is how quickly parcels will show up there--so I'm guessing they don't really look that hard for lost items.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, kav said:

I bet its in a comic shop somewhere.  Where else would someone take it.  And the owner bought it for a couple hundred and put it on his wall.  Just a wild idea but what if you started calling every comic shop in tennessee and worked outward asking if they had any partial Action #1 in stock....

If a shop in Memphis had this, I would have gotten a phone call.  Just because this was the last place a scan took place, doesn't mean it never left our fair city.

I have spoken with the comic book shops in Memphis, who took down my contact information in the event that they see it come through their doors. You never know when or where it will turn up. I am incredibly thankful to everyone for their support.

4 hours ago, vitacura said:

One of my biggest fears when mailing valuable (or sentimental) items. Sorry to hear.

People ask me here all the time " why don't you get your AF 15 slabbed". I personally don't ever want this to happen, specially with something as sentimental as my AF 15. 

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

People ask me here all the time " why don't you get your AF 15 slabbed". I personally don't ever want this to happen, specially with something as sentimental as my AF 15. 

I feel you. I'd want it slabbed, I'd have to have it in hand and buy it that way. Still though lot of easy access to sell it someday through shipping it somewhere lol if I ever get something like that then I guess I'd go through an auction house and hope it gets the same exposure :)