• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone seen my Lost/Stolen Action Comics #1 CGC Slabbed Page?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

I'm curious what the chain of events would be if when this turns up. You get a call from a dealer who just sold this page and he gives you the customer's contact info. Did you take the $100 payout, and does that mean you forfeit all claim to the page? Do you get it back, the dealer refunds the buyer, and the dealer eats his cost assuming he doesn't have the thief-seller's correct info? 

Good luck and keep us all posted, the eyes and ears of this board are legion and have accomplished miracles in the past.

Dude, sooooo sorry this hasn't turned up yet.

I know most people will keep their eyes peeled. If your Action #1 page shows up someone will spot it.

Edited by VintageComics

I once had a package of records get lost in shipping by the USPS, called them about it, nothing ever turned up it just vanished. Then out of nowhere a year and a half or more later the thing gets delivered to me, it was all dirty and beat up. Who knows where that thing was, maybe fell under a sorting machine or something and one day someone found it laying around. So I guess there's some hope for your page maybe.

Saw this thread had been bumped and hoped to read a happy outcome. Wayne tech have you tried posting on some of the collector groups on Facebook?

Edited by bentbryan

I typed in the search word "stolen" just to see what threads would come up and found this one. First, very sorry to the OP about his missing slab.

This leads to my original thought of, if you have a comic graded and either it is missing in transit or sometime after is stolen, aren't you the rightful owner of it if it  pops up in a lcs or an auction site. If you report to the police it was stolen and provide the serial number that should provide a record of ownership, much like when a painting is stolen and missing for years, when found it usually goes back to the person/family that had owned it last. Or have I watched too many movies?

My prized 12 Batman/Detective Comics graded books were never out of Chicago USPS Distribution Center en route Clink for over three weeks. The tracking number showed Chicago was the last destination. Checked with my local post office every week and reported/contacted with US postal inspection service. On the fourth week, I found my 11 of 12 books on eBay!  It was over two weeks of battling with the eBay sellers until PayPal Fraud team, my local police, their local police and US postal inspection team convinced the eBay sellers to send them all back to Clink. I was lucky that one of the sellers was a former Clink employee who knew me well. The sellers gave me the name of a person who sold my books to them. The person lived in Chicago and was the postal worker (I think she was arrested for the stolen property but US Postal Inspection team never told me anything. They linked three more postal workers. All of them have drug addiction history). The sellers agreed to return my books to Clink and got the full refund from PayPal. It was two month ordeal for me.  I was so lucky!

Only one book was missing. That was Detective Comics #402 CGC 9.6.  That was four years ago. I stopped looking for it after two years of searching.

I am sorry that your prized one is still missing.  You know what UPS and FedEx won't pay fully after paying the insurance. It sucks.  One guy lost $886K on the will (the legal paperwork done by his lawyer was in UPS envelope) via UPS. It was fully insured but UPS offered to cover the shipping cost only. Both UPS and FedEx make over billion dollars every year and won't cover the lost packages after paying the insurance. They are CHEAP and CHEATERS!  USPS will cover you but it will take months.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, kandlo said:

I typed in the search word "stolen" just to see what threads would come up and found this one. First, very sorry to the OP about his missing slab.

This leads to my original thought of, if you have a comic graded and either it is missing in transit or sometime after is stolen, aren't you the rightful owner of it if it  pops up in a lcs or an auction site. If you report to the police it was stolen and provide the serial number that should provide a record of ownership, much like when a painting is stolen and missing for years, when found it usually goes back to the person/family that had owned it last. Or have I watched too many movies?

Welcome to the boards.  You did fine.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:46 PM, VintageComics said:

Dude, sooooo sorry this hasn't turned up yet.

I know most people will keep their eyes peeled. If your Action #1 page shows up someone will spot it.

Thanks Roy.

I refuse to give up on this page. You know how passionate I am about these “holy grail” pages. That’s why I paid as much as I did in the first place, because Action #1 means everything to me.