• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel comics 1 entry price?

234 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, N e r V said:

There was a cover less copy on eBay they kept dropping the price on. Last I saw it was 7k with a CGC NG slab. Other than that there was a CGC 3.0 sold by Heritage last November for 77k.

Years ago, I kept hearing how dead Marvel #1 was. Respect for it being a grail of yesteryear, but an "old timers" key featuring non-players.

I would love to have a Marvel #1, in any condition. If I had 7K to drop on a coverless copy, I'd consider it. Sadly, I don't. :cry:

Seems like 8k can get you a couple of coverless copies on the market.  I remember a few years ago a boardy who exhibits at the cons had one for 12 k. It was for sale for quite a bit then I just lost track of it.  marvel 1 and Tec 1 have seen better days. I think these r two books that need their covers to sell at the asking prices these days 

I m a big fan of having the cover attached for either tec 1 and marvel 1, and the whole appeal of marvel 1 for me is having in my option the book that launched marvel , the name said it all , ' marvel comics 1' I'm from Canada , and with the abysmal shape our dollar is in , 77 k usd would wind up being +- 105k cdn, so it looks as though I'll be eating franks and beans for the foreseeable future on my quest to obtain one

15 hours ago, Primetime said:

Still no bids on this nice 4.0 copy 

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1187040

It's a nice looking 4.0 but that seems high since the last CGC 3.0 went for half that. I don't think a grade point in this case is worth double the cost. I'm not sure what the seller would accept though as a counter offer.

Having been the owner of a few of these in the past I do like copies where it's clearer with the October date showing. I never owned a October dated copy myself although I directed Marvel in the direction to get one for their Marvel Mystery Omnibus. A October dated copy is my "White Buffalo" in collecting. lol

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

It's a nice looking 4.0 but that seems high since the last CGC 3.0 went for half that. I don't think a grade point in this case is worth double the cost. I'm not sure what the seller would accept though as a counter offer.

Having been the owner of a few of these in the past I do like copies where it's clearer with the October date showing. I never owned a October dated copy myself although I directed Marvel in the direction to get one for their Marvel Mystery Omnibus. A October dated copy is my "White Buffalo" in collecting. lol

There are two different editions ? One with the October date and one without ???