• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel comics 1 entry price?

234 posts in this topic

This is an old thread, sorry to dig it up. I have an unrestored Marvel 1 that my dad has had since he was a kid (along with Amazing Fantasy 15, and many others).   My question is what is the best place for us to start?  We went to a comic store here in Vegas, but some online research told me that was a joke.  We’re thinking of flying to Florida to have them graded and go from there.   Is there any way other than that?

1 hour ago, Greg411z said:

This is an old thread, sorry to dig it up. I have an unrestored Marvel 1 that my dad has had since he was a kid (along with Amazing Fantasy 15, and many others).   My question is what is the best place for us to start?  We went to a comic store here in Vegas, but some online research told me that was a joke.  We’re thinking of flying to Florida to have them graded and go from there.   Is there any way other than that?

Post some pics up first if you want some quick prelim thoughts. When was your dad a kid? I ask because Marvel Comics 1 is 1939 and Amazing Fantasy 15 is 1962...quite some years apart unless he bought them all second hand....Does the Marvel 1 have OCT or NOV in the upper right corner? Certainly CGC is a good option if your sole intent is to sell the book(s)....

We went to a comic store here in Vegas, but some online research told me that was a joke. 

Absolutely true.

The only comic store in the US that isn't a joke is Bedrock City Comic Co. located at 6516-D Westheimer Rd. in Houston Texas. You can reach them at 713-780-0675.

Ask for Richard.

29 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Absolutely true.

The only comic store in the US that isn't a joke is Bedrock City Comic Co. located at 6516-D Westheimer Rd. in Houston Texas. You can reach them at 713-780-0675.

Ask for Richard.

Richard is about as honest a guy as you can find.  I recommend calling him.

57 minutes ago, Primetime said:

Post some pics up first if you want some quick prelim thoughts. When was your dad a kid? I ask because Marvel Comics 1 is 1939 and Amazing Fantasy 15 is 1962...quite some years apart unless he bought them all second hand....Does the Marvel 1 have OCT or NOV in the upper right corner? Certainly CGC is a good option if your sole intent is to sell the book(s)....

Thanks guys!  Will look at reaching out to that guy.  

I’ll have to ask how he came across the Marvel 1.  He was born in 49, and bought Amazing Fantasy off the shelf.  Amazing fantasy is in great shape, I’m not sure about Marvel 1.  I’ll look at it more tonight and see.   

Ill post some pictures of both

Thanks guys!  Will look at reaching out to that guy.  

I’ll have to ask how he came across the Marvel 1.  He was born in 49, and bought Amazing Fantasy off the shelf.  Amazing fantasy is in great shape, I’m not sure about Marvel 1.  I’ll look at it more tonight and see.   

Ill post some pictures of both

Richard Evans is one of the few dealers that’ll be very fair and give you the best advice.  You may get lots of interest from others but he’s the one I would choose to work with.

16 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Richard Evans is one of the few dealers that’ll be very fair and give you the best advice.  You may get lots of interest from others but he’s the one I would choose to work with.

Richard is very handsome too

6 hours ago, Greg411z said:

Get the big books graded before attempting to sell.