• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So the new chat forum software seems to have a new censorship feature.
1 1

85 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It indeed happen to me more than a month ago !!

A boardie had forgot what he was doing by posting a graded comic that wasn't all that it should be, and I simply typed in that 4 letter word to remind him to edit or delete post, politely. It got the red box, I was able to word it differently before it was approved.

I have never got a strike or report on my account, and I thought somehow that I had messed up and was going to be given a demerit, nothing ever came of it though :blush:

I edited my post the 1st time it happened and it still stayed red until it was approved.

Once it's flagged it needs to be released, I think.

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I edited my post the 1st time it happened and it still stayed red until it was approved.

I meant that I had time to repost without the 4 letters, not edit my first post with the 4 letters, sorry for the confusion.....

So it might have been approved and I didn't know it, I thought I was being repromanded and wasn't sure what was going on. I knew that it was pending approval but didn't know why.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I meant that I had time to repost without the 4 letters, not edit my first post with the 4 letters, sorry for the confusion.....

So it might have been approved and I didn't know it, I thought I was being repromanded and wasn't sure what was going on. I knew that it was pending approval but didn't know why.

To be safe @ADAMANTIUM I'd stick with the wanker.  The four letter words are always likely to cause problems but you'll always be fine with our six lettered friend. 

I shouldn't have been smart and said 4 letter word lol with the new quote feature not quoting everything, I can be taken out of context.

the four letters of the word were 

see bee see yes

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I like mine. Anyone else's, not so much.

I don't understand? How can there be more than one wanker Roy? Your response implies multiple wankers?  

I think you might have spent too long in the Amazing Fantasy 15 club hm

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

So the new chat forum software seems to have a new censorship feature.

A boardie complained how his post had to be approved by the moderators and nobody could see it.

I took a look at the post (which just appeared finally today after being approved Iguess) and noticed that the acronym C@C$ was in there (you guys know what I'm talking about - I don't want to type it all out).

So I typed in a reply using the same word, and BOOM sure enough after submitting my post it appeared only in a red box, and I assume it was only visible to me until it got approved by the mods. Sure enough within a few minutes it became part of the thread.

Big Brother is watching.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@Architecht

I'm glad I saw this thread. So we aren't allowed to mention CGC's competition? Can someone point me to a list of things we're not supposed to discuss? I don't want to break any rules. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

17 minutes ago, Transplant said:

You can't type CBCS?

Well, so far I only have my two posts with the word CBCS that went red and hidden.

Could you see your post right away after submitting it?

I just realized when I replied to Transplant that I used the forbidden word and now it's in red and Hidden.

lol

Yes, @Transplant it seems like that is the word that shall not be spoken unless a moderator allows it.

24 minutes ago, Transplant said:

You can't type C8C$?

Well, so far I only have my two posts with the word C8C$ that went red and hidden.

Could you see your post right away after submitting it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above was what I posted (obviously with some adjustments so that you guys can get the gist of my post).

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Goddammit he masked it Foley! ?

That is a flagrant breach! That is a true cocking of the snook!

This can not stand!

I am shocked and appalled! 

Now you wouldn't get that with the wanker. Let's keep it all above board please.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It indeed happen to me more than a month ago !!

A boardie had forgot what he was doing by posting a graded comic that wasn't all that it should be, and I simply typed in that 4 letter word to remind him to edit or delete post, politely. It got the red box, I was able to word it differently before it was approved.

I have never got a strike or report on my account, and I thought somehow that I had messed up and was going to be given a demerit, nothing ever came of it though :blush:

Yep.  Same thing happened to me.  Apparently, any mention of the other guys' acronym causes the post to be hidden until a moderator can look at it.  As you note, even editing out the acronym doesn't cause it to automatically go through.  My post was an observation that the other board is too disorganized for me to spend time there. Too bad CGC decided they to take their "no mention of the other company" this far.  

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yep.  Same thing happened to me.  Apparently, any mention of the other guys' acronym causes the post to be hidden until a moderator can look at it.  As you note, even editing out the acronym doesn't cause it to automatically go through.  My post was an observation that the other board is too disorganized for me to spend time there. Too bad CGC decided they to take their "no mention of the other company" this far.  

No politics, no mention of the competition. I suppose that's fair on a forum with well judged moderation boundaries.  Guess we'll just have to stick with comic related bollocks, wankers, terrorism and suicide.