• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So the new chat forum software seems to have a new censorship feature.
1 1

85 posts in this topic

A boardie complained how his post had to be approved by the moderators and nobody could see it.

I took a look at the post (which just appeared finally today after being approved Iguess) and noticed that the acronym C@C$ was in there (you guys know what I'm talking about - I don't want to type it all out).

So I typed in a reply using the same word, and BOOM sure enough after submitting my post it appeared only in a red box, and I assume it was only visible to me until it got approved by the mods. Sure enough within a few minutes it became part of the thread.

Big Brother is watching.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@Architecht

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

In my test run it showed up fine.

Maybe I misunderstood.

I'm not sure how it works.

For me, it was just a guess that it was the word CBCS

For me, it was just a guess that it was the word C$$S

And it is. I typed in the word and my post above is in RED and hidden.

Does anyone else see it?

Edited by VintageComics

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

For me, it was just a guess that it was the word C$$S

And it is. I typed in the word and my post above is in RED and hidden.

Does anyone else see it?

Maybe its only for certain users, which makes it more weird.

Your above post, at least for me, is not in red or hidden.

Earlier this week (or maybe late last week?) I had a post held up as it needed to be "approved by moderation". It was highlighted in purple. I couldn't find anything remotely resembling an offensive term, so it was a real headscratcher. A few minutes later, it popped up in the thread, exactly as I'd typed it. Still have no idea what it was all about, but that was the first (and only, so far) time it's happened to me in all of these years of posting.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Earlier this week (or maybe late last week?) I had a post held up as it needed to be "approved by moderation". It was highlighted in purple. I couldn't find anything remotely resembling an offensive term, so it was a real headscratcher. A few minutes later, it popped up in the thread, exactly as I'd typed it. Still have no idea what it was all about, but that was the first (and only, so far) time it's happened to me in all of these years of posting.

They may have to scan posts in order to prevent hackers from posting malicious scripts or something.  I noticed some notifications emails I received were in Chinese and had nothing to do with comics or anything comic related.  

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Maybe its only for certain users, which makes it more weird.

Your above post, at least for me, is not in red or hidden.

By the time you looked it was approved and now appears normally to me as well.

But it was Hidden and in red when I first submitted it.

I had it happen when I posted the same acronym as Roy did. It was a WTB thread and someone posted a Voldy book. I quoted it and replied that you can't post C**S books, it turned purple and said it had to be approved by a mod. I forgot to go back and see if it ever became unhidden.

So, if there is an inappropriate words list, and those words do not appear when you post them (without any manipulation), does that mean that any word which does appear when you post it is, by definition, acceptable? 

If so, wanker. 

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

So, if there is an inappropriate words list, and those words do not appear when you post them (without any manipulation), does that mean that any word which does appear when you post it is, by definition, acceptable? 

If so, wanker. 

An unmanipulated wanker is acceptable but an unmanipulated 'Philip K' isn't? 

What manner of madness is this?! ?

4 minutes ago, Foley said:

I had it happen when I posted the same acronym as Roy did. It was a WTB thread and someone posted a Voldy book. I quoted it and replied that you can't post C**S books, it turned purple and said it had to be approved by a mod. I forgot to go back and see if it ever became unhidden.

Here it is

59385744df381_Screenshot2017-06-07at8_40_40PM.thumb.png.f4cf86c03746c2bdd5d7238e2da63c31.png

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

A boardie complained how his post had to be approved by the moderators and nobody could see it.

I took a look at the post (which just appeared finally today after being approved Iguess) and noticed that the acronym C@C$ was in there (you guys know what I'm talking about - I don't want to type it all out).

So I typed in a reply using the same word, and BOOM sure enough after submitting my post it appeared only in a red box, and I assume it was only visible to me until it got approved by the mods. Sure enough within a few minutes it became part of the thread.

Big Brother is watching.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@Architecht

It indeed happen to me more than a month ago !!

A boardie had forgot what he was doing by posting a graded comic that wasn't all that it should be, and I simply typed in that 4 letter word to remind him to edit or delete post, politely. It got the red box, I was able to word it differently before it was approved.

I have never got a strike or report on my account, and I thought somehow that I had messed up and was going to be given a demerit, nothing ever came of it though :blush:

21 minutes ago, Foley said:

*spoon*

20 minutes ago, Foley said:

I found a word that results in a spoon. It starts with a "V"

Vestibule