• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN books -- please help [UPDATED 8/17]

68 posts in this topic

STOLEN books -- please help

Several boxes of CGC books were stolen from my home. I've filed a police report and am working with them on locating the thieves and the books, and we have a few leads.

However, I found a few of the books have already been sold on eBay! If anyone has had dealings with this person, or his previous eBay ID, I would appreciate it if you would contact Officer M. Collings at the Hawaii Police Department on (808) 935-3311 (general non-emergency #)  or on (808) 326-4646 (at the Kona Police Station). Please reference case # C17015638.

User ID   Effective Date   End Date

a.estates808   May-23-17   Present

elmhashimot0   Feb-26-17   May-23-17

Here is the link to the feedback page which lists some of the books that were stolen:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=a.estates808&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

Edited by MikeinHI
provided an update to the ongoing case

eBay most certainly knows who the seller is. Address, Paypal account, etc..

I would hope and expect they have procedures in place to provide such information to law enforcement that is investigating a felony. 

I hope you catch the thieves

Edited by Tony S

I hate thieves.   Hope you catch this jerk.

He wouldn't have changed the name unless the previous one had some identifying information.  I googled it and nothing came up but it looks like a name or names in the text.

10 hours ago, Tony S said:

eBay most certainly knows who the seller is. Address, Paypal account, etc..

So does anyone listed in his feedback hm I would contact them too.

And years ago you used to be able to request the buyers/sellers personal info if you have bid on an item, is that still a valid option?

Edited by Perfect Hair

1 hour ago, Perfect Hair said:

So does anyone listed in his feedback hm I would contact them too.

And years ago you used to be able to request the buyers/sellers personal info if you have bid on an item, is that still a valid option?

eBay hides bidders identity. Only the seller sees the real ID of bidders. Bidders nor people just browsing  see bidder's ID's. Except their own.  If you click on the link above of feedback of this buyer, bidders ID's are disguised.  c***i. h***r and so on. 

From eBay's privacy page.....

"We'll share your personal information with other eBay members only to facilitate transactions and to allow members to contact you when you’ve completed a transaction together.

Email addresses are only disclosed to members involved in a completed eBay transaction. 

We disclose limited personal contact information to verified requests by law enforcement and government officials who conduct criminal investigations. We require a subpoena for additional personal information, in accordance with our User Privacy Notice."

https://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-privacy.html

Edited by Tony S

20 hours ago, MikeinHI said:

Several boxes of CGC books were stolen from my home. I've filed a police report and am working with them on locating the thieves and the books, and we have a few leads.

However, I found a few of the books have already been sold on eBay! If anyone has had dealings with this person, or his previous eBay ID, I would appreciate it if you would contact Officer M. Collings at the Hawaii Police Department on (808) 935-3311 (general non-emergency #)  or on (808) 326-4646 (at the Kona Police Station). Please reference case # C17015638.

Here is the link to the feedback page which lists some of the books that were stolen:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=a.estates808&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

(a.estates888)  He also uses this account which may be linked to his address is the other account isn't.  Or you can buy an item and see where it is shipped from.

I'm betting that they are known to you personally or at least through connections. I wish you well, also why have the police not contacted Ebay for their details. I've just checked Ebay and if you click on the buyer feedback it lets you contact them personally hope that helps.

Edited by tv horror

23 hours ago, MikeinHI said:

So books were stolen from you in Kona?

I'm originally from Hilo (born and raised). Hope you can recover your books and put the thieves behind bars.