• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN books -- please help [UPDATED 8/17]

68 posts in this topic

The one sold on eBay was definitely mine (CGC#1866731002) but I cannot tell if the listing on Kijiji is the same book without seeing the CGC # (the pictures cannot be enlarged much).

19 minutes ago, MikeinHI said:

The one sold on eBay was definitely mine (CGC#1866731002) but I cannot tell if the listing on Kijiji is the same book without seeing the CGC # (the pictures cannot be enlarged much).

It's actually the same photo even. If you click on view posters other ads in kijiji there's quite a few nice graded books for sale.

Yes. He was the subcontractor electrician that our licensed contractor hired. We thought he was an employee and did not realize he was a subcontractor until after the theft occurred and the police investigation began.

20 minutes ago, MikeinHI said:

Yes. He was the subcontractor electrician that our licensed contractor hired. We thought he was an employee and did not realize he was a subcontractor until after the theft occurred and the police investigation began.

What a miserable SOB.  Hope he enjoys a meaningful stay in jail.

Isn't this the second workman that stole collections?  The other one I remember where he also stole a chain saw.  If you're having work done on your house, remove all comics first!

Happy to hear that they caught the guy and are taking swift action.  I would call the contractor and give him a piece of my mind.  Then go to all the online listings and warn other home owners that he used sub-contractors without disclosing.

8 hours ago, MikeinHI said:

Sounds like the contractor should be responsible for your financial loss. If the contractor has insurance your losses might be covered. Good luck. 

Happy ending, yay! True, there's still a long road ahead of you, but so often there is no recovery in these situations. It's so heartening to see it work out. 

Hopefully the police reach out to some of the other homes he has worked in, and find a lengthy list of missing stuff that turns into a lengthy sentence for this pos.

Congratulations, it sucks to be robbed but at least you get to savor some hopefully satisfying payback.

On 8/18/2017 at 6:04 AM, ThothAmon said:

Sounds like the contractor should be responsible for your financial loss. If the contractor has insurance your losses might be covered. Good luck. 

Worth exploring.  The contractor should be responsible for the people he brings onto the job site. 

Threatening to give him negative reviews online might inspire him to make the OP whole.