• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, vodou said:

Bull. Not the same.

As if there's no way to type "TRADED" instead of "SOLD" in those fields lol and pull the "price" lollollol

4 hours ago, vodou said:

Bull. Not the same.

As if there's no way to type "TRADED" instead of "SOLD" in those fields lol and pull the "price" lollollol

“Traded” is the same as “sold”?

Uh, no.

no cash trades hands. You take art from me in exchange of art from you.

So if someone traded for $100,000 of art at San Diego. That is not a sale! Not until the art is sold.

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

Considering the owner of heritage is one of the biggest collectors, this shouldn’t be a surprise.

Unless we know it's Jim as both buyer and consignor...Lobrac's question -flip or shill?- remains open :)

2 hours ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

I'm really puzzled by the re-use of the same image, but at extremely degraded quality

46 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

And it’s a consigned piece. So I’m not the flipper technically....or am I? 🤔

I don't make the rules :), what do I know lol

(how many more times are we going to do this? my c/p shortcut wants to go home for the day ;))

On 1/28/2020 at 2:29 AM, cloud cloddie said:

So it was flipped twice in a month instead of once? Because it sold on eBay, then I guess you’re saying it was then sold to you, then you sold it. I guess that’s what I’m deciphering from that sentence. 

7DF65590-5CAE-4BAA-98B6-FCE644FBFE63.jpeg

(I haven't been on here since my last post however long ago that was so I see i need to reply to a few posts)

To answer the question posed to me above 8 days ago by Cloddie..........

Yes.....i did this weird thing......I bought a piece of art from a collector for cash to sell on my website because i felt i could make profit on it.....I put it on my website for sale.........and........It sold!

Just an FYI for everyone.......Every piece i have on my website can be considered a flip of the day, week, month, and year.......... As i purchase and trade art every day pretty much,  in the hopes i can resell it or trade it for profit........If It doesn't sell...... i will try to trade it or sell it at lower value over time to move my inventory depending what it is......If I'm wrong too many times.........I go out of business.........If I'm right more than not.......I stay in business.  

I urge EVERYONE here  to click on my Romitaman website and look around to find some awesome flips of the day, weeks, and months, to post here again and again.... there are 3500 or so "flips to see....today!"

click on my website ALL THE TIME FOLKS!

Nearly every time I'm used in these "flip of the day" threads,  i learn something new about art before I owned it so this is good knowledge and I appreciate it.

and for my dear friend Mr Mike (VOODOO)......I just did another big art deal with Jim Damico this week...I really don't care if he bought his art on ebay for 2 dollars ...or thru CAF.......... or from the artist directly,  as I check those places maybe once every 4 months if that, because my time is valuable

When i do an art deal with Jim or anyone else, its because i feel it was a good deal for me, or i decline the offer, just like i do with hundreds of other collectors who contact me and offer me art in cash or trade deals all the time.

If the art i get sells then I'm happy.....if it doesn't sell over time, that's on me and I then have to figure a way to move it via trade or discount as i truly hate having inventory for sale for long periods of time that isn't primo material.

I don't know Jim's eBay handle nor do I care to look it up (it seems that should be your next quest to share with the group here my good friend Mr Mike (VOODOO)... Since you asked that question previously of this group)

So if anyone reading this goes to my Romitaman website and sees something they like..... but they feel the price is too high.....feel free to make me an offer...I may say i can't do it...but so long as the offer is reasonable and it's something I don't mind parting with,  we can certainly try to figure a deal out we both like.

I do a lot of trading also and so long as i like what I'm getting in trade from you equally or more than what I'm  giving up, i will ALWAYS do an even Steven trade with you to move my inventory.

some in our hobby don't do this and that is their choice for their business......I like to move my inventory AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE to keep getting new art to offer collectors!

I feel I'm a pretty reasonable to deal with in our hobby as I have been doing this for 32 years now and love meeting old and new customers alike. :)

Mike

Edited by romitaman