• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

498 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No, way too rich for my blood as it's already gone past $7K now, as I had dropped out at the $6K mark or thereabouts.  :cry:

Was hoping this one would get missed until you had the audacity to post about it right here on Page 1 of this thread.  :censored:

I think that book is going well, well past $7K...

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely watching this one with much interest also.

Although it won't be the first Baker to clear the $10K mark if it does since that was already achieved earlier in the year by Seven Seas 4, there just might be some fireworks on this one here.

Especially since it is a highest graded Church copy and has already been moving up steadily throughout the day since this morning.  :luhv:

Will this be your first high-grade Baker? hm

Oh, forgot to answer your question in my previous post.  doh!

No, not my first high-grade Baker book. 

Started the Seven Seas run way back in the mid-90's with the goal of acquiring a Seven Seas 6 since I just love the green cover and the varying colors of the water.  Ended up picking up uber HG copies of Seven Seas 1 and 2 from Metro with the SS 1 being graded by them as a 41 out of 42 or something like that on Steve's grading scale at the time.  Went on and somehow acquired nice copies of SS 4 and 5 in my quest for Seven Seas 6.  Can't remember from where as they were unimportant and relatively cheap books at the time.  Couldn't pass up on an uber HG copy of Seven Seas 3 for $1,650 at a local con here a few months ago from an out-of-town dealer I knew who was here on vacation at the time.  Most I had spent on a single book during the past 2 decades until the Jon Berk auction came up.

So, instead of picking up a copy of Seven Seas 6 which was my original goal from the start, I ended up with high grade copies of the other 5 issues and yet still no SS 6.  Although I was happy to see the Church copy of SS 6 in this auction here, I just can't justify bidding more than double what I paid to acquire the first 5 issues of the Seven Seas run.   :censored:  :cry:

Maybe one of these days, but I highly doubt it being the El Cheapo that I am.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

36 minutes ago, comicjack said:
41 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

I think that book is going well, well past $7K...

18 to 20 k my guess

Are you trying to tell me it's still safe to put in a punishment bid at this point in time or are you simply trying to get me booted out of my own house here.  (tsk)

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Are you trying to tell me it's still safe to put in a punishment bid at this point in time or are you simply trying to get me booted out of my own house here.  (tsk)

Looking at what happened to the Spitfire 133 MH and this book you will have to find new living quarters lol

Just now, comicjack said:
7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

This still seems like an awfully long ways to go with only about an hours and half to go up another $10K.  (shrug)

It only takes two collectors 

Unfortunately for me and happily for my better half, I certainly won't be one of the two collectors here.  :gossip:  :cry:

Just now, lou_fine said:

Unfortunately for me and happily for my better half, I certainly won't be one of the two collectors here.  :gossip:  :cry:

save your cash for the Fox books they go cheap:)

1 minute ago, comicjack said:
2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

save your cash for the Fox books they go cheap:)

Unfortunately, the Fox Mystery Men books are about to come up next.  :frown:

It's too bad we can't make "M" the last letter of the alphabet as that would then let me know how much money I have left to play with.  :sumo:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

It's too bad we can't make "M" the last letter of the alphabet as that would then let me know how much money I have left to play with.  :sumo:

I'm looking at the P's also

3 minutes ago, comicjack said:
5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I'm looking at the P's also

Of course, I should have known that the current $242K high bid would have been yours.  doh!

Makes me curious as to how high your max bid is on this book here.  :baiting:  lol

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, instead of picking up a copy of Seven Seas 6 which was my original goal from the start, I ended up with high grade copies of the other 5 issues and yet still no SS 6.  Although I was happy to see the Church copy of SS 6 in this auction here, I just can't justify bidding more than double what I paid to acquire the first 5 issues of the Seven Seas run.   :censored:  :cry:

Why don't you just sell the other issues to fund your purchase of the #6?  You never even wanted the others in the first place, and now you're missing the opportunity to buy the main book that you wanted in the first place, with no assurance that this copy will resurface again any time soon. (shrug)

6 minutes ago, tth2 said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Why don't you just sell the other issues to fund your purchase of the #6?  You never even wanted the others in the first place, and now you're missing the opportunity to buy the main book that you wanted in the first place, with no assurance that this copy will resurface again any time soon. (shrug)

Unfortunately, being a long-term collector by nature and habit, once something falls into my collection, it seems to stay there forever.  :facepalm:

46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I didn't end up with the MM3.

Hope one of you fellow "boardies" got it.