• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

498 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Haven't World's Finest been "bargain" books for a long time?  

Yes, pretty so for the past couple of decades and also sharing the same bargain basement floor as the Wonder Woman's were a few years ago. 

Looks like the Wonder Woman's, especially the keys, have been taken back out from the bargain basement floor and moved back up to some of the higher floors.  So, maybe there's still hope for World's Finest yet, although there are still a bunch of Wonder Woman's sitting in the dollar bin right now in the current CC auction. 

14 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Just went through the auction listings.  Lots of beauties.  Almost spit out what I was drinking when I saw how little the Voldie heavily restored Archie 1 was selling for.  :roflmao:

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Do not know but bidding was a hell of a lot funnier at $23 when I looked.

You guys are nothing but a bunch of troublemakers here, especially since I was hoping to snap that book up for only $24.  :baiting:  :mad:

Well, I guess I'll have to downgrade and go for those Centaurs, Wonder Woman's, and highest graded EC's that's still sitting there in the dollar bins.  Just don't go letting anybody else know about these books.  :gossip:  lol

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

:wishluck:  Hope so, that would be a site to behold. Even restored it would be nice to see assuming it isn't one of the super giant incredibly extensively restored books

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, pretty so for the past couple of decades and also sharing the same bargain basement floor as the Wonder Woman's were a few years ago. 

Looks like the Wonder Woman's, especially the keys, have been taken back out from the bargain basement floor and moved back up to some of the higher floors.  So, maybe there's still hope for World's Finest yet, although there are still a bunch of Wonder Woman's sitting in the dollar bin right now in the current CC auction. 

Yeah, they could make a Superman & Batman movie that would really help to increase the value of the books.

Oh, wait...

Just waded through the CC auction, and the word "waded through" really is a good description.  Some decent books, but a LOT of stuff that shouldn't be in an "Event" auction.  Perhaps CC needs to consider a weekly auction like Heritage has, for all the detritus.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:08 PM, Crowzilla said:
On 8/21/2017 at 8:15 PM, Johnny545 said:

Actually it sold in March 2017 first for $10,200, but the winning bidder didn't pay...

So it auctioned (again) through CC and it sold for $5855 - quite a swing (what happened to the underbidder?).

Underbidder still could have won, but now it would be up to the 3rd place bidder to get it to the $10K area again.

Saw this very real phenomena happen recently with a Japanese movie poster called Horror of the Wolf. There have been a couple of very aggressive new poster buyers on the Yahoo Japan auction site. When the first copy of this poster appeared in May it sold for ¥121,000 (about $1100 US), to one of the two. When the seller listed a second copy the following week the underbidder purchased it for only ¥15,500 (about $140 US) because the third place bidder in the original auction dropped out at ¥15,000.  The seller listed another and the third place bidder of the first auction was the only bidder at ¥11,000.  The last couple of copies he has listed haven't even cracked the $50 barrier. (This was an uncommon poster prior to these sales, but obviously the seller has found some unused examples from an old theater.)

werewolf.jpg

Yes, I still remembered bidding on some of the Centaurs in the Jon Berk auction a few months ago.

Although most of them went for big money, it was clear to me that on some of the ones that I was bidding on that the last 40% or so of the final price was just a bidding war between the underbidder and myself only. 

Yes, very tough to find books, but also seemingly a relatively thin market on some of them.  hm

12 hours ago, tth2 said:

Just waded through the CC auction, and the word "waded through" really is a good description.  Some decent books, but a LOT of stuff that shouldn't be in an "Event" auction.  Perhaps CC needs to consider a weekly auction like Heritage has, for all the detritus.

Although I haven't paid much attention to CC auctions before the Berk auction, is this the norm as the medium dollar value for this auction so far is only at a lowly $44  :whatthe:  after almost a whole week of bidding?  I certainly don't believe this was anywhere close to being the case for the Berk auction at this same point in time.

Tim;

There's always a silver lining in every cloud  though.  Since you was the winner of the Church copy on the last go round, it looks like you can possibly pick up a reader copy of the same Mystery Men 3 book for only $185:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716460

Besides the Fantastic 3 which is already up there in price, it looks like MM 3 is still the go to book in the Fox stable as all of the other early Mystery Men and Wonderworld books (including Wonder 2) ranging in grade from low grade through to CGC highest graded copy are still well behind the MM3 and sitting at only double digits or barely cracking the $100 mark.  :whatthe:

Maybe some fox hunting would be good around this time of year, as it's been a long time for me.  hm  :whee:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Although I haven't paid much attention to CC auctions before the Berk auction, is this the norm as the medium dollar value for this auction so far is only at a lowly $44  :whatthe:  after almost a whole week of bidding?  I certainly don't believe this was anywhere close to being the case for the Berk auction at this same point in time.

Tim;

There's always a silver lining in every cloud  though.  Since you was the winner of the Church copy on the last go round, it looks like you can possibly pick up a reader copy of the same Mystery Men 3 book for only $185:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716460

Besides the Fantastic 3 which is already up there in price, it looks like MM 3 is still the go to book in the Fox stable as all of the other early Mystery Men and Wonderworld books (including Wonder 2) ranging in grade from low grade through to CGC highest graded copy are still well behind the MM3 and sitting at only double digits or barely cracking the $100 mark.  :whatthe:

Maybe some fox hunting would be good around this time of year, as it's been a long time for me.  hm  :whee:

:sumo:  thats my high bid on that Mystery Men 3