• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

498 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Did you ever finished the entire Fox run similar to how you managed to complete your Centaur run here?  hm

Whatever happened to your Fox books or did you already sell most of them off to acquire your centaur books?

BTW:  You should never say never because is this not your second go round and complete run of Centaur books?  :bigsmile:

I followed in parkers footsteps. Completed wonder world and rest just did Lou fine covers. Sold them to buy property 

Looks like 2 of the 3 big auction houses are going to be slugging it out for bids next week as CC's Event Auction and CL's Summer Featured Auction are both scheduled to run at the exact same times.  :slapfight:

Is this common or is this just poor scheduling on the part of both auction houses since I imagine it's not necessarily the ideal situation forboth  their consignors and potential bidders?  hm

Looks like the CGC 8.0 copy of Pep 22 has booted the CGC 9.6 copy of TOS 39 out of top spot in the CC auction ending this week:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?searchType=advanced&listing_type=event&quick_sort=price_desc&pageNum=0&pageSize=25

Wonder which one of these 2 books will end up taking the top spot by the time it's all said and done.  hm  :taptaptap:

49 minutes ago, szavisca said:

I'm curious to see if anyone bites on those awfully high reserve prices on CL for the massively restored superman 1 and all star 8.

Would these be the ultra EP restored books that are done by IGB as they appear to be pretty high grade?  hm

If so, I guess they must be changing the auction venue since I believe they used to auction all of their books through CC. 

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Would these be the ultra EP restored books that are done by IGB as they appear to be pretty high grade?  hm

If so, I guess they must be changing the auction venue since I believe they used to auction all of their books through CC. 

The uber high grade Tec 35 on CC seems to be from IGB as well

That's how I had to do it for Heritages centaur auction. I hate to betray beforehand what I think, but I was in China, for chrissakes. Still snagged one book, lost out on 2 others since I was unavailable to kiss the deals in. Well, I say that but come to think of it, that may be wholly inaccurate. Turns out it was G.A.tor I was bidding against!

Edited by fleepunyhumans
Accuracy

13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I will be on a plane on my way home during tomorrows auctions :cry:

May have to break down and either put final bids in before boarding the plane or pay for wifi

3 hours ago, fleepunyhumans said:

That's how I had to do it for Heritages centaur auction.

With CC's extended 3-minute bidding time period that they utilized for their auction format, the need to do advanced bidding is definitely not that critical since I tend to use it more as a tracking bid or an expression of interest for a book that I may want to bid on in the end.

Was watching parts of the auction yesterday, however, and didn't really notice much of a flurry of extended bidding which was certainly not the case with the books from the Jon Berk auction.  I guess it has a lot to do with the quality of the books that are being auctioned off.  hm

Well, looks like the Adventure 40 didn't produce very happy results for the consignor as it went for something like 25% below guide for a CGC 7.0 graded copy.  :frown:

Looks like the Bat 121 with the first Mr. freeze should do alright though since it is already at $18K+:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=731955

Looks like a pretty white cover to me, but at a very expensive price. 

3 hours ago, szavisca said:

I imagine the CL auction going on at the exact same time is gonna hurt prices for both sites.  If I was consigning with either right now I might be irritated.  

Yeah, not ideal.  Kind of like two studios releasing blockbuster movies on the same summer weekend. 

28 minutes ago, fleepunyhumans said:
1 hour ago, nearmint said:

That Thrilling #19 in the CC auction is my old copy.   Was a 9.4 with cream pages, now a 9.6 with OW-W. 

That's disheartening 

But pretty common. :)