• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photobucket trouble.

61 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

I downloaded my swampy from photobucket and just used postimage to upload here, it was easy as pie. 

Yes, downloading directly from your computer is the best way to go now here and on eBay although you are limited in the number of free downloads on eBay (I think it's max. 12).

Photobucket marketing team is making horrible decisions, why would people pay now for 3rd-party hosting ?

Whatever coding Photobucket is performing must be incremental rather than global. Some of my images are okay, others are not; a week ago I could circumvent the problem by re-pasting URLs but today nothing is working.

I figured Lawrence has a good head on his shoulders and gave postimage a shot. I just listed a bunch of books on ebay and it was 10 times easier than Photobucket. Images upload in order, the file names are visible and the layout to copy various formats simple and fast. Bye-bye Photobucket!

There has to be something strange going on behind the scenes. This recent move is going to deep-six the company.

56 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I figured Lawrence has a good head on his shoulders and gave postimage a shot. I just listed a bunch of books on ebay and it was 10 times easier than Photobucket. Images upload in order, the file names are visible and the layout to copy various formats simple and fast. Bye-bye Photobucket!

Thanks guys, this looks great! All my old PB images are shot, but hoping to move forward with this one.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:
58 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Thanks guys, this looks great! All my old PB images are shot, but hoping to move forward with this one.

You should still be able to download them from PB, though I think what you'll get is re-sized.

29 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

You should still be able to download them from PB, though I think what you'll get is re-sized.

Oh yep, understood. I have the old images stored on my end, so they are not literally lost. But tons of my images posted here over the years are now kaput since they were posted as PB links. (shrug) Ah well. 

Edited by Point Five

2 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Oh yep, understood. I have the old images stored on my end, so they are not literally lost. But tons of my images posted here over the years are now kaput since they were posted as PB links. (shrug) Ah well. 

So many wonderful threads ruined.It's heartbreaking.

On 2017-07-13 at 1:12 PM, Pontoon said:

Whatever coding Photobucket is performing must be incremental rather than global. Some of my images are okay, others are not; a week ago I could circumvent the problem by re-pasting URLs but today nothing is working.

There has to be something strange going on behind the scenes. This recent move is going to deep-six the company.

Now that's a phrase you don't hear everyday. :insane:

Edited by topofthetotem
Spelling

32 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

Now that's a phrase you don't here everyday. :insane:

It had an odd ring to it...., :devil:

On 7/9/2017 at 11:48 AM, pickycollector said:

There is no more free 3rd-party hosting from Photobucket, you now need to pay for the Plus 500 ($60/year) to have 3rd party hosting.

That is enough...:tonofbricks:

Photobucket's swan song.

No more Photobucket for me, I am done.

Bye bye Photobucket

I was told $399.00 a year. I am now paying $39.00 a year for their crappy buggy site. That's it, I am gone too. I am going to sit tight for a while before I commit to anything else. I have all my files on my home computer and backed up regularly. I can post from there but only from home. Photophuckit allowed be to do it remotely which I miss. But F them...

Wow...very low-class move by Photobucket.

I'm trying imgbb -- uploading to it is easy, but the "BBCode link" they provide won't display the image, just the name of the file.

UPDATE: I figured it out...I think...

CM_26.jpg

Nope...still no good... :frustrated:

Edited by jools&jim