• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underwater cover thread
1 1

156 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I don't believe these have made an appearance

comflash96.jpg

comtiptop52.jpg

Great underwater covers RM!

Gotta love the Golden Age, that Flash Comics with underwater centaurs is wild! :headbang:

7 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I don't think I've ever noticed the Tip Top before Robot Man!!! Cool :headbang:

Thanks It's Tarzan and a Tip Top. Not on many want lists anymore. I love the heck out of it. The composition and rich colors just knock me out.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, entalmighty1 said:

I love this book, because most of the underwater covers you see are in the ocean.  Freshwater version here!

4Most.5.3.jpg

Good call!  I have a copy of this one but forgot about it.  

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks It's Tarzan and a Tip Top. Not on many want lists anymore. I love the heck out of it. The composition and rich colors just knock me out.

Amen to that. Just a really cool cover with colors and art that just "pops."

2 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

One of my favorite George Evans covers...  

pir7_7of12a.jpg

Yeah, I would agree. There seem to be a lot of "shark guarding treasure" covers. That, like many looks like it might not end well. Piracy is my favorite of the new trend titles. 

A snippet of my underwater wonderland collection. I have indexed approx. 410 golden age occurrences-- where the image is wholly or partially depicting underwater action as a "transparent" moment wherein either some or all portions of the scene is seen underwater - this omits all situations where there is in water action with no transparent action is visibly drawn.  Also this index only focuses on American Publications between 1933- 1961. There are numerous examples from foreign countries that are truly amazing some have been posted here and I have acquired some in my collecting habits. But of the index I have delimited above, I have amassed three quarters of the examples in my collection- most that are missing from my collection now are the super high dollar books in any grade  such as Action 15, Seven Seas 4, Hit 5 and Adventure 27 with special mention of the hyper rare Prize 18 and the difficult to find anywhere This Magazine is Haunted 16. I love this page for the exposure of some of the rarer issues, one or two I had not seen yet in 20 years of research as well all the wonderful examples from other lands. I will try and post my personal top 40 best of examples in coming days. This is just a quick group I laid out to photograph a few years ago. Enjoy. 

Owyn jan051 097.jpg