• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

n2wdw's Tales of the Comic Book Room
15 15

1,358 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, n2wdw said:

If "scrumptious victuals" means "comics" B| ---

Then here are a couple I picked up this week.  Rangers is my favorite Fiction House title.   I plan to crack them out and re-submit to our good friends at CGC.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.b6bf691f4314c18eecd84112bda0ae43.jpg

s-l1600a.thumb.jpg.742232921112ab74fa3c5be84ddcf49a.jpg

Those are awesome.... but I'm missing those food posts that always make me hungry :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Dastardly Bondage, a Leggy GGA and My 2018 Con Schedule

A few scattered thoughts in this post ....

I've always found this WW chilling.  It qualifies as Dastardly Bondage IMHO.

5a3712930a857_WonderWoman221CGC9_480.jpg.6ceca13e09839dcfbc3a2b1a83ba1a03.jpg

I've been looking for a decent copy of Abbott and Costello #20 for over a year.  Finally one appeared on eBay, for a reasonable price, but also offering Best Offer.  Probably I should have taken it immediately, but I can't resist Best Offer (cause I'm cheap), so I threw out an offer.  Luckily no one snuck in with a BIN, so I won it.

5a37127480ca0_AbbottandCostello2024.jpg.8f0b47f76e30605fc83dff9979136d43.jpg

I'm excited about my 2018 con schedule!  I'm going to my first Emerald Con!  Also, I'm returning to SDCC.  I only managed to get Thursday and Sunday tickets, but that's perfect as it'll be a family vacation so it will be good to have free days.  Now I just have to get a hotel, which is harder than getting the freaking tickets (ugh!).

1 hour ago, n2wdw said:

Dastardly Bondage, a Leggy GGA and My 2018 Con Schedule

A few scattered thoughts in this post ....

I've always found this WW chilling.  It qualifies as Dastardly Bondage IMHO.

5a3712930a857_WonderWoman221CGC9_480.jpg.6ceca13e09839dcfbc3a2b1a83ba1a03.jpg

That's an interesting Wonder Woman 221. Looks like a printing defect stuffed up Hawkman's left boot.

The GCD doesn't have the lack of red this one does.

Good luck with the Con schedule. I loved San Diego, but as the years rolled on we simply just grew apart. :sorry:

34 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

That's an interesting Wonder Woman 221. Looks like a printing defect stuffed up Hawkman's left boot.

The GCD doesn't have the lack of red this one does.

Good luck with the Con schedule. I loved San Diego, but as the years rolled on we simply just grew apart. :sorry:

Yes, I grew apart from SDCC too.  But, my kids want to go, and we're turning it into a family vacation.  So, I think of it as a family vacation with a few hours at a comic con.  From just a comics point of view, I'm more looking forward to Emerald City.

Edited by n2wdw

3 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Yes, I grew apart from SDCC too.  But, my kids want to go, and we're turning it into a family vacation.  So, I think of it as a family vacation with a few hours at a comic con.  From just a comics point of view, I'm more looking forward to Emerald City.

Do you do Terry's show out in California ? GOD BLESS......

13 hours ago, n2wdw said:

I live about an hour and a half from San Diego and will most likely, never go again... 

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Do you do Terry's show out in California ? GOD BLESS......

I will have a booth at Terry'

Color me weird.... but I HATE travelling. This show, however, has me rethinking that position. This year isn't good, but maybe next..... and this is the kind of Show that Mike would thrive at.... which is why I brought it up. GOD BLESS...

55 minutes ago, szavisca said:

I'll be there for the first time this year, already got the tickets and have taken off work etc.  Hope that helps your decision to attend... or not attend!

Pretty excited to go to an actual comic book convention with actual comic books...unlike Phoenix comicon where I have not seen a single GA book in the last 5 years.

This how should be off the hook. Was talking to a friend about it at the flea market yesterday. He mentioned that because the Berkley Con is a week before and the warm weather we are expecting, that There are a lot of collectors and dealers traveling out here for the show. My friend picked up a 130 long box collection from an older collector in the area and will be bring a lot of them to Terry's show. 

You WILL see lots of GA books at this show...

I can't go to Terry's show.  I live on the east coast and the show's across the country on a Sunday -- I can't make it work family and work-wise. 

I was also dealt a blow today as, because of work, I might not be able to go to Emerald City.  This, after I bought tickets and flights.  Ugh!

I think I cursed myself because I submitted this modern trash to CGC.  I thought it would go along with my UC 7, but I think the comic gods are pissed at me.  To add insult to injury, the freaking book came back 9.6 instead of 9.8. 

5a3851b27c0b7_LookersEmber1GGAHomageNudeEditionCGC9_610.jpg.25af2c394e6853fa462144ffbd78b15d.jpg5a3851e81b28b_UnderworldCrime7RCGC4.52000a.thumb.JPG.43a20420bff77d47d99fbb7902d0eef3.JPG

Recent GGA Buys and Emerald City Dilemma

I won these comics off eBay recently.

Regarding Emerald City, I mentioned how I might not be able to go due to work.  I planned to go only Thursday and Friday, and take the red-eye back Friday night so I'm back home in VA around 630am Saturday morning.  After I bought the con tickets and flight, my work announces an off-site that starts Saturday morning.  So, the question is, can I hustle from the airport to the off-site in time so I'm not late (or too late)?  Problem is, my work hasn't picked a venue yet for the off-site, so I don't know how long the drive will be.  Major bummer if I have to miss the con as I've always wanted to go to EC.

5a3a717aac557_PhotoScan(3).jpg.ffb9228f7699344442874da5cc2d205e.jpg

5a3a718d25a17_PatsyWalker29.jpg.bba3981f80cf3c40b599dfc01659cbe2.jpg

5a3a717f9c3af_WonderWoman81CGC9_630.jpg.c3e80e7b384a1381745b9924656bf8eb.jpg

I wanted a 9.8 for the WW 81, but the 9.6 popped up on eBay at a price that was too good to pass up.  I figure if I ever get a 9.8 upgrade I'll be able to get my money back on the 9.6.

Also got this matching print of WW 81:

5a3a7182d97cd_WonderWoman81print18.jpg.cccb50dded1de25b684bb8b94ea1ba35.jpg

Edited by n2wdw

On 12/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, Robot Man said:

This how should be off the hook. Was talking to a friend about it at the flea market yesterday. He mentioned that because the Berkley Con is a week before and the warm weather we are expecting, that There are a lot of collectors and dealers traveling out here for the show. My friend picked up a 130 long box collection from an older collector in the area and will be bring a lot of them to Terry's show. 

You WILL see lots of GA books at this show...

I'll be at both Berkeley and Yorba Linda! Gonna be epic back-to-back weekends. 

4 minutes ago, Bunky Brian said:

The Bunky Brothers will have a booth at both Berkeley and Yorba Linda.

Could we meet both Jimbo and Rick in person?

I would LOVE to meet you, and treat you to lunch..... unfortunately it would have to be 2019..... and I'm thinking hard about it. I haven't been to California since the 60's..... GOD BLESS....

6 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Recent GGA Buys and Emerald City Dilemma

I won these comics off eBay recently.

Regarding Emerald City, I mentioned how I might not be able to go due to work.  I planned to go only Thursday and Friday, and take the red-eye back Friday night so I'm back home in VA around 630am Saturday morning.  After I bought the con tickets and flight, my work announces an off-site that starts Saturday morning.  So, the question is, can I hustle from the airport to the off-site in time so I'm not late (or too late)?  Problem is, my work hasn't picked a venue yet for the off-site, so I don't know how long the drive will be.  Major bummer if I have to miss the con as I've always wanted to go to EC.

5a3a717aac557_PhotoScan(3).jpg.ffb9228f7699344442874da5cc2d205e.jpg

5a3a718d25a17_PatsyWalker29.jpg.bba3981f80cf3c40b599dfc01659cbe2.jpg

5a3a717f9c3af_WonderWoman81CGC9_630.jpg.c3e80e7b384a1381745b9924656bf8eb.jpg

I wanted a 9.8 for the WW 81, but the 9.6 popped up on eBay at a price that was too good to pass up.  I figure if I ever get a 9.8 upgrade I'll be able to get my money back on the 9.6.

Also got this matching print of WW 81:

5a3a7182d97cd_WonderWoman81print18.jpg.cccb50dded1de25b684bb8b94ea1ba35.jpg

I live in Seattle would be great to have you at ECCC.  For what it's worth, a lot of the redeyes from here to the east coast tend to land early, especially if the wind is right!

That' a great pickup on the WW81 print!