• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,594 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2023 at 4:51 PM, Professor K said:

Girl Shy was a great picture. Like Yorick said Harold LLoyd was an incredible stuntman. Also in that movie was an actress he paired with many times named Jobyna Ralston who was just beautiful. Here is the ending of the movie where he shows just how good he was. Filmed in Los Angeles, Hollywood Blvd I believe. I like this kind of stuff. 

Absolutely! Jobyna Ralston was his best leading lady. She was in several of his strongest silent features including The Freshman and The Kid Brother, but this scene ...which clearly inspired the classic ending of the 60's film The Graduate displays Lloyd's daring skills and comedy timing. Now I'm wondering how this scene would play with Simon and Garfunkle!

On 7/2/2023 at 11:28 PM, Drgoldage said:

Great movie clip !

On 7/3/2023 at 2:43 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Absolutely! Jobyna Ralston was his best leading lady. She was in several of his strongest silent features including The Freshman and The Kid Brother, but this scene ...which clearly inspired the classic ending of the 60's film The Graduate displays Lloyd's daring skills and comedy timing. Now I'm wondering how this scene would play with Simon and Garfunkle!

Yes. The Graduate did, well I'll say pay homage to Girl Shy with that scene. The yootoob channel that clip came from is called Rocking Silents. The guy puts great music to silent films. Does a really great job with the song selection and the timing for each scene. I watched Wings -1927 with Clara Bow and Jobyna a little while back and realized I really like silent movies, and that I may be in love with a woman who died a year before I was born. I'm going to "collect" watcing every Harold Lloyd silent in order starting today. https://www.youtube.com/@rockingsilents9875/playlists

Fabulous collection of pin backs  I bought a few but never amassed a killer collection like this  The Flash Wonder Woman great the Babe Ruth non superhero but we all could use one of those 

On 7/7/2023 at 9:51 PM, Drgoldage said:

Fabulous collection of pin backs  I bought a few but never amassed a killer collection like this  The Flash Wonder Woman great the Babe Ruth non superhero but we all could use one of those 

Most of my collection are comic characters. My favorites are ones directly related to comic books though. The clubs offered inside them as well as the paper related stuff. There are also a lot of newspaper related as well as radio and tv.

But, over the years, I’ve branched out into other categories as I ran into them. I have a decent amount of advertising, sports and political ones as well.

I love the color and graphics and the ease of storage.