• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,555 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, Robot Man said:

Don't get me started on tin toys or pinback buttons...

haroldloyd.jpg

fumanchupin.jpg

IMG_7035.jpeg

I've been looking for a particular pinback and have had zero luck in finding one. I'm wondering, do you have one of these in your collection? I can't remember if this was Jon Berk's pic or yours. 

more fun club.jpg

On 7/8/2023 at 4:52 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I've been looking for a particular pinback and have had zero luck in finding one. I'm wondering, do you have one of these in your collection? I can't remember if this was Jon Berk's pic or yours. 

more fun club.jpg

Here's an example of this pinback from my collection.  I've owned 2-3 of these pinbacks over the years, and they are pretty scarce.  Very cool piece of early comic memorabilia!

FunClub2.jpg

FunClub1.jpg

Edited by mlansdown
Added better photo!

On 7/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, mlansdown said:

Here's an example of this pinback from my collection.  I've owned 2-3 of these pinbacks over the years, and they are pretty scarce.  Very cool piece of early comic memorabilia!

FunClub2.jpg

FunClub1.jpg

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!! This is the cleanest example I've seen of this pinback!!! If by any chance you see or acquire another one and can point me in the direction of one, I'd really appreciate it!!! I used to have a New Fun #3 and really liked the New Fun mascots, so these pinbacks and any other related "Fun Club" materials are of big interest to me!!! Thanks again!!!  (thumbsu:applause:

On 7/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, Frisco Larson said:

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!! This is the cleanest example I've seen of this pinback!!! If by any chance you see or acquire another one and can point me in the direction of one, I'd really appreciate it!!! I used to have a New Fun #3 and really liked the New Fun mascots, so these pinbacks and any other related "Fun Club" materials are of big interest to me!!! Thanks again!!!  (thumbsu:applause:

PM sent - thanks Jim...

On 7/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, that’s mine. Other than mine. I know at one time Berk, Geppi, Mark (mlansdown), and 2 unnamed other collectors have one. There are of course a few others out there. It is the first actual comic book club I know of. As a collector of this stuff, I always say, when you consider how rare and expensive a lot of GA books are, just try and find some of these premium items.

Here is mine. I got it MANY years ago. I was at a flea market and a lady had a small tray of pinbacks. I bought the character ones including a cool long billed Donald Duck Jackets pin. When I was paying her, I noticed she had several old misc kids club pins pinned to her hat. I saw this one and asked if it was for sale. She pulled it off and said “how about $5.?” I couldn’t believe it. Just so random and lucky. 

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

WOW, what an awesome story!!! My love for the pin extends back to when I had a copy of New Fun #3 and saw the mascots inside! I've only looked "very casually" for the pins, usually only when I remember to do so. I could see this leading to another rabbit hole for me to go down and I already have so many now!!! I'm going to proceed slowly, with the Fun Club pin being my biggest want. I DO think that Fu Manchu pin you posted is pretty cool too though!  (thumbsu

On 7/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, Frisco Larson said:

WOW, what an awesome story!!! My love for the pin extends back to when I had a copy of New Fun #3 and saw the mascots inside! I've only looked "very casually" for the pins, usually only when I remember to do so. I could see this leading to another rabbit hole for me to go down and I already have so many now!!! I'm going to proceed slowly, with the Fun Club pin being my biggest want. I DO think that Fu Manchu pin you posted is pretty cool too though!  (thumbsu

These like toys and other stuff have always taken a back seat to my comic collection. But they just fit in so nicely and have been a lot cheaper than their GA comic counterparts. Got a lot at Hakes auctions, EBay and shows/flea markets. They are a lot more challenging to discover and obtain. I have always loved “the hunt”…

On 7/9/2023 at 11:04 AM, Robot Man said:

These like toys and other stuff have always taken a back seat to my comic collection. But they just fit in so nicely and have been a lot cheaper than their GA comic counterparts. Got a lot at Hakes auctions, EBay and shows/flea markets. They are a lot more challenging to discover and obtain. I have always loved “the hunt”…

Yeah, I like the connection to comic books and I'm going to attempt to keep it to only comic related pinbacks and fan club materials. 

On 7/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I was fortunate enough to not only get this cool Fiction House Jungle Comics #22 Wambi the Jungle Boy splash page by Henry Kiefer, but some months later I was able to obtain page two from the same story!!! 

Jungle Comics 22 Wambi Jungle Boy Henry Kiefer pg 1 splash.jpg

Jungle Comics 22 Wambi Jungle Boy Henry Kiefer pg 2.jpg

Same thing happened to me with an Al Wiseman Dennis the Menace story from the 1950s. I purchased page one of the story and then years later, I bought the second page. 

Still on the hunt for the remaining pages!

On 7/10/2023 at 8:55 PM, mlansdown said:

Same thing happened to me with an Al Wiseman Dennis the Menace story from the 1950s. I purchased page one of the story and then years later, I bought the second page. 

Still on the hunt for the remaining pages!

That's fantastic!!! Wasn't it an amazing feeling, seeing that second page become available? Likewise, I look for the remaining pages of the story, but will be satisfied with what I've found, just happy that it still exists!  :banana:

What a topic!!  

I collect everything.

I have hundreds of hot wheels cars.

I have a few fast real cars. (Trans Am and my Ferrari)

I have maybe 100 action figures.

I have probably 75 watches (these get pricey quick)

Dungeons and Dragons figures.

Games.

DVD/Blu-Ray movies - probably 4-5,000 at this point.

And more that I probably can't remember at the moment.

PDG