• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,555 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2023 at 1:46 PM, Drgoldage said:

Huge and rare cut out book from Donald Duck these are huge even bigger than little Sammy

image.jpg

Love the little Sammy.   A copy caught my eye 20 years ago but it was “aggressively priced” to say the least.  What do they sell for these days?

Edited by Bronty

Among my other collectible interests are items related to the Spanish American War (1898); this set of lithographed acLaughlin puzzle cubes is from the Malcolm Forbes collection...

27015ba5-3f5b-44b7-afa9-45ac8577a3b4_zpsf03c6144.thumb.jpeg.81302b891619502abfb01b4f9845986e.jpeg

I've also collected Depression era Monopoly games and tokens (early Monopoly money, tokens and boards are increasingly rare)...

1977fdd8-22ed-4e17-a5c4-f13d7143dd96_zpsa1a9d9b7.thumb.jpeg.eddea2803b4697997f00dbb5d469b36e.jpeg

:cheers:

On 6/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, Drgoldage said:

Not sure what a little Sammy sneeze goes for I’ve had my copy a long time and paid well above the going rate at the time . I see foreign copies available on line even now 

Nobody that finds one in good shape is going to let it go for much less than a used car: it just depends on what sort of used car one’s used to.  

On 6/10/2023 at 7:16 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

The sealed first pressing vinyl record collection continued to grow. Have had a few graded.  

image0.jpeg

IMG_2662.jpeg

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2450.jpeg

Very cool especially the Beatles “Yesterday and Today”.  As a young kid, I bought it the day it came out. Yes, with “that cover”. Popped the cello and played it to death. I’ve always been a consumer. Hard to keep anything sealed including slabbed comics…:roflmao:

On 6/6/2023 at 5:48 PM, Et-Es-Go said:

I have been collecting these King Feature Syrocos for some time, finally put them all into a display case with an advertisement backdrop out of a newspaper that advertised them.  Some of the figures with skinny legs are hard to find in good shape as the composition of the material used to make these can be brittle, so you see a lot of them with broken legs.  They make for a nice display and are not terribly expensive to collect.  Ebay is a good source for them.

All Syrocos.jpg

One Half Syrocos.jpg

Other half Syrocos.jpg

Impressive collection!

I have “accumulated” a lot of those too. Other than the Phantom and Flash Gordon, never seeked any out or paid much for them. Still waiting for the Superman and Capt. Marvel to come my way.