• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2
3 3

133 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Ok, I was thinking 9.2 but went to 9.0 so off by 0.4.  This is  considered 2 grades off, same as 1.0 miss of 5.5 vs 6.5.  That does not quite seem fair. One is way off the grade vs the other.  Sorry, gotta complain.

9.0 to 9.4 is off by two grade increments.

5.5 to 6.5 is off by two grade increments. 

While this may not seem fair to you, this is the numbering system that CGC uses. In this case, it's only fair for us to use this system as well.

If we used the 100 point system, then yes, you could guess 5.9 and potentially be off by .4 on those lower grades.  

that's what makes the game more exciting-you know once you get in the high grades you're really playing with fire!  The pressure is incredible to get it right!

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Oh dear.

We are doing rhyming couplets here, aren't we?

I stunk up round 3 I'm sure, lol I sat there and looked at obvious flaws and didn't take them into consideration! I think my mind was counting sheep for a minute lol it just said ooh look at that well that's neat, isn't that nice, and then exited the building :fear:

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I stunk up round 3 I'm sure, lol I sat there and looked at obvious flaws and didn't take them into consideration! I think my mind was counting sheep for a minute lol it just said ooh look at that well that's neat, isn't that nice, and then exited the building :fear:

You won't get last position.

I'm in the competition. 

:eek:

8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

You won't get last position.

I'm in the competition. 

:eek:

If you want to feel better... I sent in that Asm 97 or 98 that you estimated a grade of VF at best in the PGM forum to cgc lol I should have it back in about a month, it was the one that had the obvious crease like you said that you used to get when you mail ordered online. If you don't remember don't worry... I'll try to update that thread when I get it back... Hahaha

I was happy you estimated a grade and was looking to get it back in time for this grading contest so that you could have had some practice, BUT the LCS didn't send it off in time

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you want to feel better... I sent in that Asm 97 or 98 that you estimated a grade of VF at best in the PGM forum to cgc lol I should have it back in about a month, it was the one that had the obvious crease like you said that you used to get when you mail ordered online. If you don't remember don't worry... I'll try to update that thread when I get it back... Hahaha

I was happy you estimated a grade and was looking to get it back in time for this grading contest so that you could have had some practice, BUT the LCS didn't send it off in time

Whatever I said it was, double it and add 5. :wink: