• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2
3 3

133 posts in this topic

Sorry Everyone... Just got back to a computer after being out all day. I still need to record about 30 grades. Results should be up within an hour probably.

8 minutes ago, Westy Steve said:

9.4 with that bottom right corner?  Interesting!

3qafhk.jpg

The Western Thrillers book was very solid in hand. I felt it would be a 6.0, maybe a 6.5, but that scuffing on the bottom spine f.c was the major issue with it. 

In regards to the Astonishing Tales, I felt there was a chance I would get 9.2. So, obviously very pleased with the 9.4. The defects don't show badly when the book is in hand. 

Looks like many did well this round. Excited to see the results thread. :whee: 

That Astonishing Tales is a nice-looking book, but like most people here I thought it was a NM- because of the bottom corner FC.

Got shot down at the O.K. Corral on the Western Thrillers. Graded it much lower. Got psyched out by some of the defects.

14 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

The Western Thrillers book was very solid in hand. I felt it would be a 6.0, maybe a 6.5, but that scuffing on the bottom spine f.c was the major issue with it. 

In regards to the Astonishing Tales, I felt there was a chance I would get 9.2. So, obviously very pleased with the 9.4. The defects don't show badly when the book is in hand. 

Looks like many did well this round. Excited to see the results thread. :whee: 

I had it at 6.0 after the light water stain on the bc and downgraded further for what I thought was a small tape pull/paper loss on the lower left bc.

I had the AT at 9.4 but downgraded for what I thought were several small light stains on the bc.

Comics, like life and football, are a game of inches.