• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2
3 3

133 posts in this topic

I think the AT 25 had been pressed or something lol the crease in the upper left back cover caught me too and I over corrected. Had 9.4 crossed it out and put 9.2 ha.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think the AT 25 had been pressed or something lol the crease in the upper left back cover caught me too and I over corrected. Had 9.4 crossed it out and put 9.2 ha.

:whatthe:....me too.  I couldn't decide between a 9.2 or 9.4 so naturally, I picked the wrong one.

20 minutes ago, grebal said:

+ another

It was only on back cover, and looked really super, must have been.

looked to me like one on the back top left and one on front lower right

7 minutes ago, ninanina said:

:whatthe:....me too.  I couldn't decide between a 9.2 or 9.4 so naturally, I picked the wrong one.

Honestly I'm surprised that the Western graded as high as it did too :shy: with that scruff along the bottom left of front among other things. I thought that 5.0 was a safe bet meh 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Honestly I'm surprised that the Western graded as high as it did too :shy: with that scruff along the bottom left of front among other things. I thought that 5.0 was a safe bet meh 

I went a bit higher with a 7.0, but only because of the age of the comic. I know CGC tends to be a bit more generous with those. Still, missed by '' that much.

I undergraded both books again  5.5/9.2. Those 2 creases on bottom right front and top left back cover on the AT kept me from a 9.4.

I originally had a 6 for the western but that bottom left corner looked pretty bad to me and thought the book had enough all around cumulative defects for a 5.5.  Was going to bump to 6 for the WP but didn't.

I think my mistake has been trying to guess the correct grade as opposed to what CGC would grade it at.  Time for a strategy change. 

Edited by MustEatBrains

27 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Western Thriller > Amazing Spiderman?

That one got me.

Can't wait to see the point spreads!!!