• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all-star superman / batman

16 posts in this topic

anyone got any info on those? i heard it will be a reboot, like marvel's ultimate spider-man / x-men...

i love superman but i just can't be bothered to read from #600+ or whatever, a reboot would be great, and i'm sure will boost DC's sells as marvel are kinda owning them at the moment with all the reboots (ultimate serious, new avengers (sort of))

Not really reboots. They're accessible, "out of continuity" stories, so that people can just jump right in and start reading without having to worry about years of continuity. The point is to not relaunch a new continuity a la Utlimate Marvel, but to launch a series of standalone, easy to get into stories by the biggest creators.

Newsarama is down, but here's a CBR link:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4634

Yeah, I believe they're stand alone titles. So that makes them somewhat like the Ultimate books, but unlike in the fact that the characters are not going to be reinvented. AS Batman & Robin #1 may be the origin of Robin, but I'm sure its a retelling of the original origin.

But I'm with you arnoldma. Rather than keeping up with all the Batman and Superman titles, I'll be happy to switch and read only the All Star books once they begin. I'll be dropping the regular Batman title at that time.

There will be two covers for All-Star Batman & Robin

You gotta love Jim Lee. Even if the story that goes along with his art absolutely stinks (*cough, Superman, cough*). Luckily, that shouldn't happen with Frank Miller on the dialogue.

Also read somewhere that All-Star Superman is being pushed back to December.

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

That All Star Batman is going to be a monster. Can't wait for it to come out! Lee and Miller? I'm signed up!

thumbsup2.gif