• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

Box office has never concerned me since it doesn’t affect my bottom line but I would guess this will not rake it in like a Transformers or Fast and Furious movie. What I expect is an incredible performance from Phoenix and probably a pretty good Elseworlds type story. I really don’t want DC to build a cinematic universe. They need to concentrate on just making good movies like The Dark Knight. They really strayed from that but Joker looks like it would have been perfect in the Nolanverse.

16 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Hmmmmm...  yeah.

Although I know that Scott Mendelson at Forbes already loves everything about this movie, I'm just not seeing "record breaking blockbuster" here.

-J.

I'm not seeing "blockbuster" either but I am seeing a quality movie - comic book or otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I am very much looking forward to this film. 

I do not need it to be a 'superhero' movie.

I need it to be a film. 

Then worry not Buzz. I have it on good authority that it is indeed a film. 

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I like the way you think on this one. :foryou:

Part of me thinks that the predictable ending / after credits scene or whatever it is would actually hurt it in my eyes... unless it is played out the right way... no hokiness 

Spoiler

We already know that Thomas Wayne is in the movie. If Joker kills Wayne in front of Bruce, I think it would ruin the movie as then it brings the focus back to Bruce Wayne and that's the origin for him to become Batman.

Now, if Joker kills Thomas Wayne and we DON"T see Bruce... I think that is better. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Part of me thinks that the predictable ending / after credits scene or whatever it is would actually hurt it in my eyes... unless it is played out the right way... no hokiness 

Reveal hidden contents

We already know that Thomas Wayne is in the movie. If Joker kills Wayne in front of Bruce, I think it would ruin the movie as then it brings the focus back to Bruce Wayne and that's the origin for him to become Batman.

Now, if Joker kills Thomas Wayne and we DON"T see Bruce... I think that is better. 

Spoiler

Not sure at this point. The film may touch on briefly, but then move on to the core Joker focus.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:
  Hide contents

Not sure at this point. The film may touch on briefly, but then move on to the core Joker focus.

Spoiler

I honestly would like to believe that.  The problem is that they cast a known actor Brett Cullen (Guy most likely confused for Chris Cooper) after Alec Baldwin moved on.  I take that to be a move that requires some prominence for the role. Brett Cullen is no slouch either in the acting department. He is the guy you always see but never remember where you saw him.  Once I saw the trailer today where he punches Arthur Fleck in the face... I cannot help but think that Joker will come a calling to get some payback.  

Also, Wayne is not a surgeon this time around but a businessman.  Phillips might use the underlying message of business driving society mad or its impact on society.   Either way, I am looking forward to this.  DC has all of the ingredients right especially with Joaquin Phoenix.  The question will be whether they cooked it at the right temperature.