• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well snap I can't be that grumpy, I laughed in the last 5 minutes and so did the rest of the audience. But the rest of the time... hm

No 'Gotham's butt' joke? :whatthe:

:insane:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

No 'Gotham's butt' joke? :whatthe:

:insane:

i haven't heard that one lol 

i think there were moments that were supposed to be funny of him dancimg in slow motion.... they really skipped the humor. Once he was dancing in slo mo and stopped suddenly and people were watching etc that was humorous.... idk not a lot of thrills but had bells and whistles.... 

but my review is boring even me lol and i've already kind of made things seem bigger than perhaps are so.... idk

are you going to see it in theaters?

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Wicked.......

Wicked.......

So impressed

But don't want to ruin for others

He was made for this role

true 

true

me too

it was hard for me to put any words together too, without unloading anything..... i did ok, right?

and he did seem to own the character!

Saw it today.

It seems like a blend of several movies, mainly movies from the era being shown (1975-1980): One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Taxi Driver, Shining, with elements of Fight Club and V for Vendetta.

It wasn't funny at any point for the audience in my showing, but there are some "hmm, they went there" sort of chuckles.

As far as inciting whatever, Fight Club and V for Vendetta are both much stronger movies for any "let's see people try it" kind of arguments.

Edited by valiantman

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Saw it today.

It seems like a blend of several movies, mainly movies from the era being shown (1975-1980): one Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Taxi Driver, Shining, with elements of Fight Club and V for Vendetta.

It wasn't funny at any point for the audience in my showing, but the area some "hmm, they went there" sort of chuckles.

As far as inciting whatever, V for Vendetta is a much stronger movie for any "let's see people try it" kind of arguments.

so i did ok in a review without spoiling anything? lol it was kind of messed up ha

maybe i over did it with what i said? but the hosts telling me that they "received threats" right before that whirlwind kind of got to me :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

so i did ok in a review without spoiling anything? lol it was kind of messed up ha

maybe i over did it with what i said? but the hosts telling me that the "received" threats right before that whirlwind kind of got to me :shy: 

I think it's fair to call the movie (often) boring, while still believing it's a good movie over all.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I think it's fair to call the movie (often) boring, while still believing it's a good movie over all.

ya sorry just nervous, i was stumped at pass or fail, i'd give it a pass too :) 

40 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Saw it today.

It seems like a blend of several movies, mainly movies from the era being shown (1975-1980): One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Taxi Driver, Shining, with elements of Fight Club and V for Vendetta.

It wasn't funny at any point for the audience in my showing, but there are some "hmm, they went there" sort of chuckles.

As far as inciting whatever, Fight Club and V for Vendetta are both much stronger movies for any "let's see people try it" kind of arguments.

I see where your going with V for Vandetta and fight club

What about Silence of the lambs, only in so far as the psychological isolation and stuff...?

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Definitely! Trying for tomorrow night.

You love it

I recommend buying tickets online and booking your seats

My GF had to punch out 10 people because our seats were taken...the first 2 because of the seats, the next 8 because she hadn't broken a sweat and she likes getting in a good workout before unwinding...needless to say we missed the last half, but the justice of the peace totally understood...

‘Joker’ Is Wild On Thursday Night With Around $10M+ – Early Box Office Look

https://deadline.com/2019/10/joker-box-office-opening-weekend-1202752002/

IF, this estimate holds, similar to Venom on 800 more screens- seems like # should be higher but these early estimates aren't completely reliable.  Either way, opening weekend will be big. "Stock" estimating $235-250MM US as of day of release.

Edited by paperheart

10/10 from me. I loved this movie. Phoenix is brilliant. One of the best performances I’ve ever seen. It made me feel unsure at first but after acclimating to his awkwardness I really enjoyed it. There were moments that seem to have went on too long but I think that’s just part of the films whole vibe and not a mistake. I didn’t think any movie would compete with Tarantino’s “Once Upon...” for my movie of the year but it comes pretty darn close. 

I’m so happy for Joaquin. He truly “went there” and gave a legendary character a true dedication. Who knows what Heath would’ve gave us if he had his own Joker movie. He’ll always be remembered. But Joaquin is the new Joker. Just perfect.