• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's an exercise it futility that some find successful , at least in the movie, which doesn't translate to real world thought processes; which, translate to some in the real world "taking offense" rather than just pointing IT out lol that the joker is irrational, while the joker does feel he is rational.... oye

Of course people in the real world don't act like the Joker, but that the media "fear some will" really speaks to the mindset towards those with disabilities. "Rather than speak to the need to love and help those", it comes from fear and the "police need to speak out" lol???  idk it is fear on both sides.... people with disabilities seeing this rationally will feel this puts "THEM in a bad light" as serious those in the media are taking it......

That might be the most enticing review ive ever seen...Ok why not im going to this movie this weekend if possible. I never see movies opening, but anything that can generate that response has to be worth the price of admission.

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

The message from the film media/main stream media seems pretty clear, they are trying to damage this film and its creators. Ive never seen this before, at least not for a main stream major studio production before.

We are living in interesting times indeed.

The response to Todd Phillips about getting out of comedy because people are too woke over the slightest thing was very telling, ignoring the recent Dave Chappelle situation where they tried to trash his special completely.

But then they got woke for him saying people get too woke over statements made. (:

It's not good from either side of the disability spectrum now.....

Because the media is saying people think like the joker, those who are inadvertently being now perceived as rationally thinking like the joker whether disability or not, will now be seen as psycho....

Columbo just one more thing

It's a non issue to anyone who has seen an episode of criminal minds and said that's not entertainment or is glad the criminal is brought to some sort of conclusion. 

To say it incites people is admitting people feel the way the Joker does or are prone to. Whether the Joker is justified in instance is left up to the audience and that scares people who have suffered in real life. And that goes for the rational and irrational alike.

Which creates a disturbance in the force to those who have never had to deal with imbalance. Calling the Joker movie real in the process will only incite even more fear I'm sad to say.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Which creates a disturbance in the force to those who have never had to deal with imbalance. Calling the Joker movie real in the process will only incite even more fear I'm sad to say.

A very good point. Especially for those that jump on this wagon to encourage further violence no matter what. Now with it being called out so much, it becomes their honored poster child.

Edited by Bosco685

This weekend sees the debut of the latest DC Comics adaptation in Warner Bros.'s release of Joker, which has generated a slew of attention heading into release. Following its debut at the Venice Film Festival, where it won the Golden Lion for Best Film, the conversation has since turned to the film's use of violence and, in response, the New York and Los Angeles police will deploy officers to theaters screening the film this weekend. Nevertheless, the film looks as if it will break the October opening weekend record set just last year as the conversation surrounding it is sure to intensify over the weekend.

Debuting in over 4,300 locations, Joker is already the widest October opening of all-time, topping the 4,250 theaters Venom opened in last year before setting the October opening weekend record with an $80.25 million debut. On top of opening in more theaters than Venom, it will also be getting a one hour head start in terms of Thursday previews, which begin at 4PM. A look at IMDb page views is also trending more and more positively, growing as the week goes on with it pacing similarly to not only Venom, but also Logan ($88.4m opening) and pacing ahead of both Spectre ($70.4m opening) and Halloween ($76.2m opening). The studio is anticipating an opening anywhere from $70-80 million, while we see it more like $75-85+ million based on these metrics and perhaps topping $90 million.

• Joker (4,374 theaters) - $85.0 M
  • Abominable (4,248 theaters) - $13.2 M
  • Downton Abbey (3,548 theaters) - $8.7 M
  • Hustlers (3,030 theaters) - $7.0 M
  • It: Chapter Two (3,163 theaters) - $6.0 M
  • Ad Astra (2,910 theaters) - $5.1 M
  • Rambo: Last Blood (2,900 theaters) - $4.4 M
  • Judy (1,450 theaters) - $3.2 M
  • Good Boys (1,005 theaters) - $1.2 M
  • The Lion King (1,034 theaters) - $0.9 M

It sounds like the movie is technically good and well acted but with a premise that is a bit objectionable to some and a director who uses political buzzwords like 'woke' that gets under the skins of some.  I'm 50/50 on whether I'll watch it in the theater.  Have to see how people here (especially those I trust) review it.

EDIT:  I should add that I'm a strong believer that Movies (or Video Games, or Rock and Roll, or Comic Books) do NOT lead to violence and delinquency.  And that my worry would be more like @ADAMANTIUM's that the worry is that this further stigmatizes mental health and not that it may lead some to violence.

Edited by thunsicker

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

A very good point. Especially for those that jump on this wagon to encourage further violence no matter what. Now with it being called out so much, it becomes their honored poster child.

As @thunsicker said it's for both sides. The stigma of mental health is like any cliche sometime it applies and needs dealing with. Awareness is the key. This is a poster child for some on both sides. We could say it's obvious by the way the media has already reacted. To put everyone in a box is what bothers and creates perception and fear. Sometimes it's justified which doesn't help. 

I know personally that I wouldn't be so critical of this movie if I didn't have the media and law enforcement perceptions of it before I saw it.

And at the same time when I went to see it, the theater "took every precaution" because they "received threats"..... by whom? We don't get to know, but it really is a stigma on both sides of the coin as well lol

Now that I've talked your ear off... lol

On with the show!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

:foryou:

You share what you want to.

Well imo it's silly :makepoint:

Anyone who is prone to violence, are the really going to say, oh I won't do it because you told me not to?

I guess I'm starting to realize that it is a warning for awareness, I just wish we could live without it or with out the stigma box....

Stones can't always get what you want! :headbang:

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Just going to see it now....hope it's good...

Stay alert! I can't wait until I'm not the only one who's viewed it, because I'm left to analyze on my own lol

I could be way off base haha, but it is warped sometimes minus any sense of humor, reality bites....

I figured out what I didn't like about the Joker. It's not funny. 

But thanks to y'all letting me air it out... it's therapy of the finest order :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The more serious critics would agree.

SO_Critics.thumb.PNG.22add5c6b431ed2feb1b70a63f9eef8e.PNG

Well snap I can't be that grumpy, I laughed in the last 5 minutes and so did the rest of the audience. But the rest of the time... hm