• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicconnect November 2017 auction

244 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

I used the word thrive as I've seen some huge sales on their site, and I saw somewhere they were listed as like the top comic seller (although that may have been on an experienced boardie's annual review? Can't remember).

I would agree with your assessment that the delay may very well have something to do with this first purchase through them being for a very small sum. Not saying that's professional or a legit excuse, but that's what I suspect. I also agree on your other points.

I just called and got through to a rep there. The only new info he was able to provide was that he is sure the package is in USPS hands and has left their building, even though the package tracking says only that on 12/29/17 shipping info (but no package) was received by USPS. Even with an extra day off in there for the holiday, that sounds concerning seeing how it is 1/3/18.

Maybe the good news is yours and everybody else's packages that saw three week delays will not end up in some Dead Letter Office somewhere, totally bent/broken/waterlogged/worse due to holiday demand surge and bad weather in the shipping industry? ;)

Bill's explanation is interesting. I had a similar problem getting art from the post office. Their tracking system stinks. They were delivering stuff to my front door during peak "steal stuff from people's front doot stoop" season. So I sent them a request to hold the art for pickup at their local branch. I even got a confirmation e-mail with a confirmation number saying exactly that.

Nope, when I went to pick it up it was "on the truck" and they couldn't find it. I said: "I have an e-mail from you saying it was to be held here, and not sent out for delivery. I made this request yesterday." They said it was out on the truck, again. And I said, "so what's the point of me asking you t hold it here, then? Why even offer this service if you ignore it?"

Then, the next day I went back and it was "lost." They couldn't find my art. I was happy that the artist who sent t to me insured it! But, I went back the next day and they "found" it. So all is well that ends well. But the USPS sucks around the Holidays.

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Bill's explanation is interesting. I had a similar problem getting art from the post office.

Bill's post was about a problem getting CC to ship the book in the first place.  He said nothing about problems with getting the package from USPS.

I don't see any similarity between his post and yours at all.