• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicconnect November 2017 auction

244 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, vodou said:

If I was trying to get one page from the whole series, just one, the very first Rick vs. (walking) Dead would be it. Actually #1 pages 6-8 would the sequences I'd want, with page 7 being the real one and only for me. Are the whereabouts of these pages or page 7 known? I'm not in play for them, but putting into words here does have me thinking a bit now.

Someone was selling the Rick at the gas station page from #1 on eBay a while ago, I think.

45 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Someone was selling the Rick at the gas station page from #1 on eBay a while ago, I think.

If you are  talking about Rick and the cop car that's issued two Page 2. That will be on the next auction.

Along with one of my favorites.. the first appearance of Coral xDand his mom.. It's the moment that Rick finds out they're both still alive.

11 minutes ago, James J said:

If you are  talking about Rick and the cop car that's issued two Page 2. That will be on the next auction.

Along with one of my favorites.. the first appearance of Coral xDand his mom.. It's the moment that Rick finds out they're both still alive.

No. Where Rick stops at the gas station after he gets out of the hospital. The opening scene from the TV show.

40 minutes ago, James J said:

:luhv:

4 hours ago, James J said:

You're killing me James. I barely resisted the first round.....lol I have been trying to hunt down the right Moore page for about 5 years and just pulled the trigger on issue 2 page 5 a few weeks ago, so I have to try to resist.  I had a shot at that Coral and his mom page back in the day but couldn't get close to an agreement on it (before you had it) so that one will tempt me anyway hm

On 12/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, delekkerste said:

I tend to think that the art depicting key moments from the series (many of which also made it to the TV show) will retain interest after the show goes off the air.  This is the biggest break-out hit that an indie comic series has ever had.  Sure, TMNT had some big movies and merchandising, but few cared about the comics after the first few years, and a lot of its success occurred in the pre-social media, pre-globalization era.  WD at this point is 14+ continuous years into the comic, while the TV show has been must-see water cooler fodder for years now (and spawning a fairly successful spin-off as well).  The merchandising, the memes, the blogs, the Tweets, the cosplay, the WD Escape, the contribution to the lexicon, the interviews and photoshoots of the cast and everything else that comes with being one of the biggest pop culture successes of a global, social media-mad era...all of which is to say that, yes, most pop culture is of its time and has a fleeting time in the spotlight, but, IMO, WD has achieved the kind of critical mass of success and, let's face it, importance when it comes to the history of comics (both indie and otherwise) and pop culture, that I think will keep its popularity/desirability largely intact long after the TV show ends. 

I mean, FFS, people still want Cerebus art for being significant, even though it never enjoyed one iota of mainstream success...by the time it's all done, WD will have probably spanned at least two decades of comic success and been one of the most successful pop culture properties of all-time from its TV run.  Maybe there's a knee-jerk dip following cancellation, but, I think the good stuff remains valuable/relevant for a long time to come.  A-list is A-list.   

Speaking of Cerebus 

https://hyperallergic.com/415888/the-most-important-non-superhero-comic-youve-never-heard-of/

39 minutes ago, cstojano said:

3 weeks and a day since I paid for my lots. Nothing. Is it normal for it to take this long to ship out lots?

Last time I won some books from CC, I waited a month and a day before I finally called. Turns out there was a problem that got resolved once I called. They really should have called me ? My point here............. call them !!!!

I emailed them about mine after a couple weeks.  They said my check had cleared (which I knew) and that they would be packing up everything and sending it soon.  Still no shipping confirmation email though. I've won things in the past and I'm pretty sure they were quicker to ship.  

Same here.  They created the shipping label on 12/29, but didn't ship until today.  Fedex says it'll be here Thursday.  It's not the end of the world, but definitely not as quickly as I'd expect.  Based on the description of their packaging on their site, I'm pretty excited to see the exquisite packaging job.  It will be like a piece of art unto itself.  

12 hours ago, Bill C said:

i have no idea how they thrive with this business model tbh.

I believe they "thrive" (your word, not mine ;)) off their very old and established Metropolis mailing list. If you're near the top of that list (sorted by $$$$$ spent monthly/yearly), you probably do get prompt callbacks...and maybe calls aren't even needed because your lots are processed with a higher priority and general level of service? Metropolis/CC sites and overall experience are certainly not inviting for new comic art customers. I did one (my first ever) transaction several years back with CC and it was all okay in the end but I wasn't (and still am not) excited to repeat the experience either. I don't do comics, maybe it's all fine for those customers and that's where they do most of their business anyway?

12 hours ago, bisquitodoom said:

Same here.  They created the shipping label on 12/29, but didn't ship until today.  Fedex says it'll be here Thursday.  It's not the end of the world, but definitely not as quickly as I'd expect.  Based on the description of their packaging on their site, I'm pretty excited to see the exquisite packaging job.  It will be like a piece of art unto itself.  

To be fair, 12/29 was a Friday. With the 3 day weekend Fedex probably picked up the book on Tuesday, two days to deliver on Thursday. What's wrong with that ? 

2 hours ago, cstojano said:

Where are you seeing the shipping label created on the site? I don't see anything, no email from Fedex either.

They sent me an email with the tracking number, so I was able to look it up on Fedex's site.  I haven't been able to find the tracking number on their site anywhere.  But as long as I have the tracking number for Fedex, I'm good from there.  

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

To be fair, 12/29 was a Friday. With the 3 day weekend Fedex probably picked up the book on Tuesday, two days to deliver on Thursday. What's wrong with that ? 

I'm not bent out of shape about it or anything.  It's just a little extra delay on an already long process.    Payment cleared on 12/12 and everything shipped 1/2.   Three weeks is a while to wait, though I guess there were a couple holidays in there.