• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Theft in Ontario Canada
6 6

113 posts in this topic

Sorry to read about what happened to you guys. Things like this should never occur. I really don't understand what crosses someone's mind to hurt another individual financially without giving it a second thought. The world is filled with great people but a few are truly rotten to the core. 

These individuals always get caught one way or another! Please look at the people very close to you, especially so called " friends and clients " and above all, "employees" who know where you live and where you place your comics!!!

Maybe those who stole the books will come to their senses and do the right thing and return them !!!!  

Edited by The_Investor

On 9/23/2017 at 8:05 PM, Iceman399 said:

In terrible news there have been 2 comic thefts in Ontario over the past 7 days.  The following books have been stolen from myself and Jim @Guardian Comics , please everyone keep your eyes peeled and if you have any information regarding the books where abouts please let us know.  These are only the slabs as the raws are more or less indistiguishable.   Thanks for any help anyone may have.

Guys, this is the first I've heard of this. I'm so sorry this happened.

It goes without saying that they are hopefully caught and prosecuted and books are returned.

I'd also be careful what you post. They could be reading this thread.

Edited by VintageComics

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Guys, this is the first I've heard of this. I'm so sorry this happened.

It goes without saying that they are hopefully caught and prosecuted and books are returned.

I'd also be careful what you post. They could be reading this thread.

You should always be careful what you post on these forums. Not everyone reading these is a friend.    Last year, someone posted pictures of some very expensive books he has on display in his house and about a week later posted about taking his family on vacation. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

You should always be careful what you post on these forums. Not everyone reading these is a friend.    Last year, someone posted pictures of some very expensive books he has on display in his house and about a week later posted about taking his family on vacation. 

This is great advice.  And it sucks because part of the fun (at least to me) is showing your books to others that appreciate them.  I still like to post books too, but I try to avoid posting my "schedule" on the boards for fear of that.  A safe deposit box is a must for anyone with expensive books, unfortunately they have limited space.

So bummed to hear of things like this.   If I see any in my travels or hear anything.  I'll pass on this info to anyone that will listen and look.   So many books. They have to be caught.   ?

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

This is great advice.  And it sucks because part of the fun (at least to me) is showing your books to others that appreciate them.  I still like to post books too, but I try to avoid posting my "schedule" on the boards for fear of that.  A safe deposit box is a must for anyone with expensive books, unfortunately they have limited space.

I have been saying this for years on Facebook. One of the biggest issues is that most people develop friendships in hobby-specific groups. You share your latest and great pick-ups, or shots of your collection at home. Then later on, you see people posting photos of them with friends/family, at cons, and even tagging their location so you know exactly where they are. As a kid, one of my friends unexpectedly received tickets for a Blue Jays (baseball) game and I remember like yesterday, him running outside filled with excitement, telling us he was going. I saw him at school the following week and he had told me his house was robbed while they were at the game. The parents didn't think to question who would send them free tickets, but they were being targetted. The only difference 30+ years later is it's being done through social media.

Oh man, Eric, Jim, I'm sorry to hear about all of this!! I'm also based out of Ontario (North western Ontario) so if I see any of these come in my local shops or infront of me I'll let you know! 

Ive had some books stolen from me before I know the feeling. Nothing as high dollar as yours but commission pieces which were priceless to me.

Best of luck sirs!

-Adam

On 9/28/2017 at 8:05 PM, TheRealVenom said:

Oh man, Eric, Jim, I'm sorry to hear about all of this!! I'm also based out of Ontario (North western Ontario) so if I see any of these come in my local shops or infront of me I'll let you know! 

Ive had some books stolen from me before I know the feeling. Nothing as high dollar as yours but commission pieces which were priceless to me.

Best of luck sirs!

-Adam

I'm a dealer in Ottawa, I'll let a few people know about this.  For the sake of de-cluttering this thread perhaps can we get all participants to keep only pertinent posts/replies.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to remain current in details and development - hoping the $@*^#@ get caught!

Edited by spreads