• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

I signed up and played around with it for a while but I didn't find the site that mobile friendly.  Before I form a solid opinion, I will dope around with my home computer and see how that works.  If nothing else, I will become aware of more art sites. 

ComicArtTracker can clearly be improved in terms of design and mobile friendliness, I'm aware of it. I'm not a web designer + there is so much work (and I also have a job and a family so I have to prioritize all the potential developments ^^) that I don't have a lot of time to spend on improving this aspect of CAT... but one day, yes one day...

Also note that CAT loads and displays a LOT of data, so I'm not sure that a smartphone is really the best way to experience CAT. A tablet connected through wifi should be ok.

15 hours ago, Twanj said:

I'd stopped using it in Chrome because there was a Chrome specific bug that caused it to not work for me. (shrug)

hmm, it seems to be working now. if it does that again, I'll give a screenshot

Maybe it was just that there was nothing to display (which means that CAT should have displayed a message to tell you that, and it did not)? Did you try to reclick on "all" (rightmost filter)? 

Edited by NicoV

FYI, my server cannot update ComicLink auctions anymore. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to investigate, the most probable reason is that they blocked my access (on purpose or not)... but just know that for now ComicLink last bids are not updated anymore on ComicArtTracker.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by NicoV

17 hours ago, NicoV said:

FYI, my server cannot update ComicLink auctions anymore. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to investigate, the most probable reason is that they blocked my access (on purpose or not)... but just know that for now ComicLink last bids are not updated anymore on ComicArtTracker.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I"m not surprised at this- Clink won't let Bill have access to their data either, even though it would be to their benefit to share it- maybe one of those guys will see this and reconsidered, because whatever the rationale is for not sharing it like HA does, the rationale IS NOT RATIONAL.   Clink will forever be a distant second fiddle to HA if they don't step up their game on multiple fronts. 

8 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Clink will forever be a distant second fiddle to HA if they don't step up their game on multiple fronts. 

Completely agree.

Just had a back 'n forth with somebody at Paddle8. When their auctions close, they do not disclose online or even via private contact:

1. whether the item sold or not

2. if sold, what price

3. if bought in, what the top bid was

All just policy they told me - to protect everyone's privacy, of course. Sure. I told them as long as that's your policy I am not your customer.

After CAF Classified integration into CAT, Bill Cox and I worked on the second phase and dealers from the ComicArtFans Marketplace are starting to be reintegrated into ComicArtTracker.  :)

Albert Moy, Anthony's Comic Book Art, ArtDroids, BigWowArt, BritComicsArt, Comic Art House and Comic Art Source are already available. All other dealers will be added quickly.

Note that, if you tracked / added some art from these dealers to your favorites, these favorites are lost. You'll have to browse their inventory or check your favorites again and re-add them to your favs. I'm sorry for that but it was impossible to keep these favorites.

Edited by NicoV

First, thank you again for your tracker. Just a few quick questions. 

When checking eBay, I found something which didn't show up. Does your tracker check word descriptions as well as titles?

Second, I was wondering why you still have multiples in your heading, like, 4 ebays in a row. If memory serves me, this first showed up when you weren't allowed to scrape the CAF website. The only reason I mention it now is that valuable screen space is absorbed by the title box, and eliminating duplication would shrink it.

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

When checking eBay, I found something which didn't show up. Does your tracker check word descriptions as well as titles?

Second, I was wondering why you still have multiples in your heading, like, 4 ebays in a row. If memory serves me, this first showed up when you weren't allowed to scrape the CAF website. The only reason I mention it now is that valuable screen space is absorbed by the title box, and eliminating duplication would shrink it.

My guess is eBay.com, eBay.fr, eBay.de, eBay.it ;)

But maybe not eBay.co.uk? I wonder why only four actually :):):)

2 hours ago, vodou said:

My guess is eBay.com, eBay.fr, eBay.de, eBay.it ;)

But maybe not eBay.co.uk? I wonder why only four actually :):):)

To the best of my knowledge, the eBay item number is persistent across all regions, so in time it should be possible to determine which single result to show in the most user friendly region / language preference for the end user.

1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

To the best of my knowledge, the eBay item number is persistent across all regions, so in time it should be possible to determine which single result to show in the most user friendly region / language preference for the end user.

Yes I believe you are correct re: the eBay item number. Not sure if NicoV ran across these problems or not with his utility, but for regular ol' surfing users -when logged in- you may or may not see certain results if the item is not for sale in your country or freight-able to your country. And then, always the language and special characters issues...

8 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

ComicArtTracker checks both titles and descriptions. Can you send me a message with the eBay item and the keyword that CAT should have found, so that I can see why it did not show up?

Regarding the 4 eBay sources:

• eBay US (and Canada) + eBay Europe (France, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain), both in version "auctions" and "buy-it-now"
  • only the two "auctions" eBay sources are displayed on the home page, because the BIN sections are two heavy to be indexed: I only rely on eBay search tools

14 minutes ago, NicoV said:

ComicArtTracker checks both titles and descriptions. Can you send me a message with the eBay item and the keyword that CAT should have found, so that I can see why it did not show up?

Sure. I typed in "Phantom Stranger" and checked the box to search for a description. It missed this one:

"2007 DC Justice League of America JLA #6 ED BENES Original Art ZATANNA Sexy Girl" ( 152796220272 )

On 12/18/2017 at 7:14 AM, NicoV said:

My bad! The search was narrowed to the title (can't remember why I removed the search on description as well).

Now you get it... Thanks for pointing out this behavior!

Maybe I should have kept that a secret... :)

On 11/30/2017 at 6:13 AM, NicoV said:

for now ComicLink last bids are not updated anymore on ComicArtTracker.

Just remembered there was probably a Focused Auction coming up at @COMICLINKin January and had to manually go to their site. How 2016 of me! So used to CAT spoonfeeding me everything that isn't on CAF. I'm really hoping Comic Link comes back to the fold. :wishluck: If they are taking the time to cross-post select listings on CAF (and I agree they should if that avenue is available to them), makes me wonder why they don't want their whole feed at CAT. Certainly more exposure can only benefit their consignors.

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Is there a way to block specific dealers from popping up on a search?

If not, can you include the feature?

Sure you can. :)  

Open your "Sources" page in the "Settings" section and untick any dealer you want to block. 

These blocked dealers won't pop up anymore, neither on the website nor in your email alerts.

Edited by NicoV

20 hours ago, NicoV said:

Sure you can. :)  

Open your "Sources" page in the "Settings" section and untick any dealer you want to block. 

These blocked dealers won't pop up anymore, neither on the website nor in your email alerts.

I was wondering why Cool lines doesn't appear in the list of dealers or anywhere else for checking/unchecking?

Also, why are some boxes permanently "greyed out"?