• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, NicoV said:

Thanks for your feedback! Maybe the iPhone has a more strict policy towards external cookies (where your CAT session is "stored"), I'll investigate. @GotSuperPowers? @G.A.tor is there any way for you to check if cookies are enabled on your gmail / Safari apps?

A solution for you would be to activate your personal link: https://comicarttracker.com/faq-en/comicarttracker/how-can-i-avoid-entering-my-login-and-password-again-and-again ... This way, a personal token will be added to the links in the daily emails, to allow ComicArtTracker to work properly even without the session cookie.

I've learned to live it and I'm on Android and use Gmail. 

I think the problem is (just using the Gmail app as an example) that at least in Android it uses a new and separate web browser context, rather than one which is shared with the chrome app. So whilst you might be signed in on the chrome browser app the Gmail app doesn't/shouldn't have access to other contexts. I'm not quite sure what that means for cookies though!

I guess one way around this is to have the update be some kind of unique link instead, so rather than being signed in anyone can view the URL?

On 10/25/2022 at 1:38 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

I guess one way around this is to have the update be some kind of unique link instead, so rather than being signed in anyone can view the URL?

I have the same analysis, and that's exactly what the personal link is. ;-)

Thank you for asking/following up - your engagement and responsiveness are excellent.

I got an email this morning and, without having changed anything (no change to the URL like you suggested), clicked the link from the Gmail app, launched the in-app browser and CAT displayed perfectly.  Well, the GDPR/cookie notice is still not displaying fully and gets cut off after the "Learn more" text.  I have to scroll to get the bottom navigation bar to move so I can see the "Got it!" text.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, NicoV said:

@G.A.tor @GotSuperPowers? @barneythecantankerous 

... any improvement lately, or do you still have some issues when clicking on links in the email?

Yes, I see the change, great work Nico! 

Out of curiosity, was it an issue with cookies? As when I do look at the updates from the Gmail app it looks like I'm signed into CAT.

I'm not seeing the cookie notice issue though, I wonder if that's something related to the browser on iPhone doing something weird with the CSS?

On 11/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

Yes, I see the change, great work Nico! 

Out of curiosity, was it an issue with cookies? As when I do look at the updates from the Gmail app it looks like I'm signed into CAT.

I'm not seeing the cookie notice issue though, I wonder if that's something related to the browser on iPhone doing something weird with the CSS?

There was definitely an issue with cookies first (when I upgraded my server it changed the samesite attribute from Lax to Strict... thus the issue when opening CAT from gmail, as it is an external app). But as fixing it did not fix the issue for everybody, I decided to enable the CAT "personal link" feature by default... 

As for the cookie notice issue, I also fixed it: in "mobile mode" I display the menu at the bottom of the screen (easier access for the thumb) but it displayed above the notice, hidding it partly.

On 10/22/2022 at 5:14 PM, aaronnear said:

When I sign in to the site I just get a white page. This happens if I sign in directly from the home page, from the search page, or on my phone from the search result morning emails. I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on my Mac and Safari and Chrome on my iPhone with consistent results. If I clear my cookies the site works fine again, until I try to sign in again. Account name is just my name: aaronnear. Any ideas? Thank you! I love the site!

@NicoV Any ideas on this? I created a new account, aaronnear1, to test the login experience and I can sign in fine with the new account. It happens whether I use the username or email address for the username. I've reset my password as well, thinking it might be an issue with special characters in the password and I still get the same white screen. In Chrome, I do now get an error message of:

"This page isn’t working
comicarttracker.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500"

If I have to just use the new account that's fine I guess, but I'd prefer to not have to re-create my searches, if possible.

Thank you!

@aaronnear Sorry, I did not see your message! I checked your two accounts and don't see any difference, that's really weird. I've copied your searches in the new account, tell me when you're sure that it's ok (once you received some email notification) and I'll delete the old account / rename the new one.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, Panelfan1 said:

Is there a way to get email follow up on completed auctions we tracked?  So that we can basically be updated after auctions end or items sell.. perhaps as part of the daily key word email you send out?

Hi! That's an idea, I need to think about it. Probably not in the daily email because, well, not everybody gets it every day depending on their keywords (and how many they have). But I was already considering building a weekly summary with past auctions, auctions to come, maybe notable newly listed art, etc. so maybe I could include a block with tracked auctions that ended during the past week as well. And a weekly email would not be too costly for me.