• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Pickups
2 2

69 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

I was actually a little surprised at the lack of competition. I felt like I got some great books under the radar. I bought just about every famous funnies frazetta I saw that I didn't own. It didn't seem like many other people were hunting them.  

:slapfight: I don't like bidding wars in person or otherwise! The extra 3 minutes on the online auctions kills me. 

I met you at the show...... at Ted's booth. We discussed Frazetta and I saw a few of your pick ups..... glad to hear it was a good show for you. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

9 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I met you at the show...... at Ted's booth. We discussed Frazetta and I saw a few of your pick ups..... glad to hear it was a good show for you. GOD BLESS...

Thats right! It was a pleasure talking to you. I had a wonderful show. Hopefully you had a successful show as well. Things seemed to be going to good when I talked to you.

9 minutes ago, domuhnator said:
20 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Thats right! It was a pleasure talking to you. I had a wonderful show. Hopefully you had a successful show as well. Things seemed to be going to good when I talked to you.

......it was a blast....... but lugging a short box full of comics for four blocks to the paring garage was a kind of bittersweet drag lol GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Picked up a few things and one big book (but keeping that under wraps for now).  Here's a few that I like:

fight82.jpg.3b55c211af0b6254f9563ee61df35f2c.jpg

reallife59.jpg.6d4c7cb83153eb7688eb80062d31ea80.jpg

tommixcommandos10.jpg.928a669499cda225cc68d77f683018c7.jpg

I don't collect jungle themed books but the purple cover just grabbed my attention (not to mention gorilla bondage and a spear strategically pointing out a feature of the cover):

jumbo152.jpg.52fb99e7929c2fc69f2d34d0f4a518ff.jpg

4 minutes ago, walclark said:

Picked up a few things and one big book (but keeping that under wraps for now).  Here's a few that I like:

fight82.jpg.3b55c211af0b6254f9563ee61df35f2c.jpg

reallife59.jpg.6d4c7cb83153eb7688eb80062d31ea80.jpg

tommixcommandos10.jpg.928a669499cda225cc68d77f683018c7.jpg

I don't collect jungle themed books but the purple cover just grabbed my attention (not to mention gorilla bondage and a spear strategically pointing out a feature of the cover):

jumbo152.jpg.52fb99e7929c2fc69f2d34d0f4a518ff.jpg

Nice grabs Walter :applause:awesome war covers as expected! Bet that big book under wraps will be well worth the wait when revealed...

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Now that's an absolutely super underappreciated classic cover if you ask me!!!   :luhv:

Thanks lou! I had to have it when I saw it. My first time seeing one at a show. I couldn't let the opportunity slip by.  

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Man! That's an incredible group. Every one of those are just impossible to find. I got my copy of that 4 Favorites from Terry as well. I never see those titles at cons any more. Congrats!

Thanks man!  I got lucky for sure.   The 4 Faves was actually bought from Terry for me by a friend in Chicago, and I picked it up in Baltimore.  I don't think he was set up in Baltimore.  There were definitely hidden gems dispersed throughout the show.   

50 minutes ago, Sardo Numspar said:

Thanks man!  I got lucky for sure.   The 4 Faves was actually bought from Terry for me by a friend in Chicago, and I picked it up in Baltimore.  I don't think he was set up in Baltimore.  There were definitely hidden gems dispersed throughout the show.   

....I was disappointed to find that Terry didn't make it...... another notable absence was Dale Roberts...... a big show just isn't the same without him. GOD BLESS....

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

....I was disappointed to find that Terry didn't make it...... another notable absence was Dale Roberts...... a big show just isn't the same without him. GOD BLESS....

I don't think Terry travels much any more. Probably not worth it for him money wise. Sounds like Baltimore would be worth it though.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I don't think Terry travels much any more. Probably not worth it for him money wise. Sounds like Baltimore would be worth it though.

...he was there in 2011.... last time I went. He would have done well......I can see 10 to 20K worth of stuff on his eBay store that would have flown off the shelf. Lot of work though.... GOD BLESS....