• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something went wrong. Please try again.
3 3

165 posts in this topic

When I do a search for 'Barry' on my desktop using the top right search bar here.....

y.PNG.da603530b83a312869af908620951b36.PNG

....the response comes up for 'all content' as you would expect:

z.PNG.ef7df65cbb73a29d605d7ce2639a1945.PNG

However, every search I do from that point on from the top right search bar defaults to 'Status Updates':

zz.PNG.de29d0742d6a4c70377118b2446a34d8.PNG

If you don't spot that you've only searched under Status Updates, you may assume a zero results return is for all content. But you'd likely be wrong. Valuable Barry posts may be missed, if this glitch is not rectified immediately.

Immediately  I said.

Image result for barry manilow

Oh C-G-C search func-tion

It makes searches di-sa-ppear

Don't go too near (don't go too near!)

On 26/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, Marwood & I said:

When I do a search for 'Barry' on my desktop using the top right search bar here.....

y.PNG.da603530b83a312869af908620951b36.PNG

....the response comes up for 'all content' as you would expect:

z.PNG.ef7df65cbb73a29d605d7ce2639a1945.PNG

However, every search I do from that point on from the top right search bar defaults to 'Status Updates':

zz.PNG.de29d0742d6a4c70377118b2446a34d8.PNG

If you don't spot that you've only searched under Status Updates, you may assume a zero results return is for all content. But you'd likely be wrong. Valuable Barry posts may be missed, if this glitch is not rectified immediately.

Immediately  I said.

Image result for barry manilow

It makes searches di-sa-ppear

Don't go too near (don't go too near!)

A response from Arch, from a summary post elsewhere:

15 hours ago, Architecht said:

Response to some of the quick issues to address:

1. Search drop down changes - Probably would have to be re-tested as a few minor boards versions have been released, and I know they keep messing with search. I haven't looked at this. Generally, we've been considering replacing the main search with a plugin that uses google instead. Mainly because the boards software's search facility is problematic in a number of way - not least that it's limited to a 4 year index and even that performs poorly. As a result, we're not investing much attention in it.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

Haven't had those  yet, but it's been loading as if I were on dial-up.

Very slow on and off today Mr Pontoon, yes. I've just noticed your custom title and, coming from the man who once (alas unsuccessfully) championed support for the 'D' word, I have to say I think it's excellent :headbang:

6.PNG.16745a7e13a44ccade2be4c146509479.PNG

I also see that you are a mere member like me, given that you joined in 2006.

hm

Skypinkblu is also a member, having joined in 2005:

5.PNG.f90945a0bce4919a9f17166c88d488a0.PNG

Poor old Ken and Kirby Jack are also mere class of 2008 members:

1.PNG.2ca8d747cbfc2cdd8518cdb45fb39dc7.PNG 4.PNG.1bf5442f94bfd0a7ed883c6e20aec090.PNG

So I'm assuming Senormac has compromising photos of the admin team...

2.PNG.fb0ff014358038390db3320e633ae610.PNG

...and Robot Man must have threatened somebody!

3.PNG.f42fcd7d02c5f77de756cac7da50065c.PNG

It's a good job Seasoned Veterans don't have special privileges or anything!

Oh, hang on.... hm

(thumbsu

17 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Very slow on and off today Mr Pontoon, yes. I've just noticed your custom title and, coming from the man who once (alas unsuccessfully) championed support for the 'D' word, I have to say I think it's excellent :headbang:

6.PNG.16745a7e13a44ccade2be4c146509479.PNG

I also see that you are a mere member like me, given that you joined in 2006.

Blimey, that was quick! (worship)

77.PNG.bd80d61f0f9a0548e8d043f9aa7e5d2d.PNG

2 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Blimey, that was quick! (worship)

77.PNG.bd80d61f0f9a0548e8d043f9aa7e5d2d.PNG

I thought everybody who had at least 10K posts at the time of the transition to the new boards got the Seasoned Vegetable designation. 

Maybe you had to be logged on during the week they made the switch? hm

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I thought everybody who had at least 10K posts at the time of the transition to the new boards got the Seasoned Vegetable designation. 

I took both pics today.  It seems that different areas of the boards show some members as members in one place and seasoned in others.  But Mr Pontoon changed within minutes of my taking the first screen shot so maybe a mod was watching and corrected it. 

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I just saw the vegetable @Sqeggs lol

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

Have a look at top members under the leaderboard now. It shows Roy as a member but his profile shows seasoned veteran.  

Strange.  Seems like a mixture of Seasoned Veterans and Members who should be Seasoned Veterans. hm

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Strange.  Seems like a mixture of Seasoned Veterans and Members who should be Seasoned Veterans. hm

Another glitch probably.  Shame we can't drop the need for either - members,  seasoned vegetables - it's not a good way to do things. 

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

And my mother was English, so I really was in nappies ... but are you sure you were posting back then?

Good spot. I think I may have earned the fastest custom title in boards history. Had it a while now.