• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta and NYCC 2017: The Thread Nobody Demanded
2 2

184 posts in this topic

I always swore I would never do prints... go after the original art or put the money into the art I was always advised... Then I saw this.  This was a piece where I would never own the original art so I took the print for $10.  On top of that this is going in the bathroom.  I have a bathroom that is kind of drab... so I wait for sales on decent frames at Michaels and then I add these to the bathroom.  You really wouldn't know how heavily I enjoy this geekdom thing of ours since there really isn't much in the vein of comic related materials around the house or even on the shelves. 

Anyway... while I put money into other areas of the house (gave a facelift to the kitchen with me redoing the cabinets and I had a new floor and walls put in) the bathroom is not a priority... So let's make it like Metropolis' Bathroom and hang stuff up.  There are some pics of Yankee stadium, a replica War Bonds advertisement and some pics of Ruth, DiMaggio, and other baseball players.  Figured I would add this as well as the three lobby cards in the next post. 

Look at the menu and other areas of the image for references to Simon, Kirby, Stan, Chris Evans, Hailey Atwell, and Sebastian Shaw.  Hey, who is the guy behind the counter? 

Image is 11x17

IMG_0071.JPG

Edited by Buzzetta

The Skottie Young Spider-man was what I REALLY wanted... but after the Spider-man sold out, I noticed that some areas were also sold out of Groot... I picked up two of these by the Reed booth.  One is going to a friend. I may keep this one to leave on the couch.  It was freaky looking and pretty cool.

BTW... $200 for a Skottie Young sketch but $500 if that sketch is going to CGC... yeah... okay. 

More on that later. 

52924993744__AC50D085-382D-4CC3-859F-654F5B8AF350.thumb.JPG.6d170fd34029c595c103b5f6da6b95a3.JPG

BTW... Special shoutout to Hotflips

If there is one thing I hate doing is lugging an art binder around with me aside from my usual messenger bag.   It is a great convenience that if I buy a piece of art on the fly or a print, that if it does not come with it, I can run over to Hotflips and pick up a toploader to put it in later.   They have everything you need that you forgot at home or even forgot you needed to have an enjoyable time at the con. 

I sold a couple of comics and realized I needed CGC bags... where did I go?  Hotflips.

The two Larry Hama sketches came in protective sleeves but I wanted something a little more rigid for transport... where did I go? Hotflips. 

52925013351__78C5CBF6-6A67-4A65-81E5-74A9C82E692D.thumb.JPG.b5db0f7528e3944571fe33dff443198a.JPG

Speaking of Larry Hama... 

I was number 21 and 22 on the list.  I asked permission to fill in two slots.  I say it every year. Larry Hama is one of the more under appreciated artists in that con room.  $40 a sketch is a steal since he created that whole universe.  Funny aside... he had the following written on his board, "I will not draw Serpentor or Cobra La."  lol 

First image was of Clutch - this was the first GI Joe figure I ever owned.  I still have it actually and the VAMP he came with.  Hama said he really liked the way that Clutch came out. 

52925040790__0EB55D71-3BAA-46C5-847E-F0F1CC4C58A0.thumb.JPG.2e70951f23aaeaf65e1d188e71ab3b19.JPG

For a sketch there was a lot of detail as can seen by the carry bar in Stalker's backpack.  He said he always get's asked for Snake Eyes and actually enjoys doing other characters.   Me?  I was very happy.  I know I posted this but he also asked me to hold them up and take a picture so I will post it again.  He then took pics for his FB page as he liked the finished product. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.31.49 AM.png

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

For a sketch there was a lot of detail as can seen by the carry bar in Stalker's backpack.  He said he always get's asked for Snake Eyes and actually enjoys doing other characters.   Me?  I was very happy.  I know I posted this but he also asked me to hold them up and take a picture so I will post it again.  He then took pics for his FB page as he liked the finished product. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.31.49 AM.png

Why are you depriving us of that handsome mug of yours?

Edited by oakman29
I cant spell

I was glad to get this guy.  As a kid Hammerhead always fascinated me.  At first I thought he was a bounty hunter then over the years I found out he was a lovable garden tending freedom fighter.  Now he will guard an unused coffee cup somewhere in the house or in the cabinet. 

IMG_0075.thumb.JPG.d643ca6e1b5ae430f70b1f5692d315bf.JPG

Jeremy Haun did a commission for me a few years ago and really went above and beyond with what he did.  Very nice of him and simply due to that, I like to see what he is up to in the industry.  I kept that commission by the way and display in my commissions folder over on CAF.  Anyway, I always check out what he is currently doing...  

here is a synopsis for the book.  It seemed interesting and one that I will check out. 

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/seth-m.-peck-jeremy-haun-launch-the-realm-an-all-new-post-apocalyptic-high

IMG_0076.thumb.JPG.218e1433c3c7aaf3d9ad706be6afd2c5.JPG