• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

Disney fans, it’s time for you to celebrate! We’ve got the voices of Belle (Paige O’Hara), Ariel (Jodi Benson) and Pocahontas (Irene Bedard) set to make the magical journey to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo! 

Left to right - Pocahontas, Belle, Ariel

D7C542E8-3964-438C-9664-0E298464D283.jpeg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

It is not too bad after @thirdgreenham colors in the comic vendor Islands of booths. There is a rectangle core of comic islands with Jigglypig Chad (better centered location compared to last 3 years), Nels' Anthill (about 4 booths), Major Comics island, MG Comics island, and Harley Yee (2 booths usually). Just south of that is Silver Edge Comics (Nick D) and Mike's Comics. Far away is Cdn Comics from Vancouver that had their 3 booths relocated across from the front hall ABC doors.

I would have coloured them in but I don't know for sure how many booths they have and the direction they are compared to the main number assigned to them. 2c 

Once Upon A Time…. Jennifer Morrison decided she’d like to come to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo! Yes, the actress from Once Upon a Time (Emma Swan), House (Allison Cameron) and Captain Kirk’s mom (Winona Kirk), is coming to town! 

27750570_10156104933034911_2128880924156037878_n.jpg

1. I’d love to see Avatar Press back.  Want a comic show? Invite some comic publishers  

2. Neal Adams would be a decent draw as well. (thumbsu 

3. It’d be nice to see some of the guys from across the pond, as well.  Brian Bolland, Frank Quitely, Alan Moore, etc.

7 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

1. Publishers are businesses, they  connect with our corporate division.

2. Stay tuned.

3. Agreed, if they are available. Alan Moore will not travel.

i talked with JTC back in the fall.

Gotcha! 

Thanks for the quick response, Kev! 

3 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

3. It’d be nice to see some of the guys from across the pond, as well.  Brian Bolland, Alan Moore, etc.

Alan Moore considers himself a White Wizard, therefore, he will not sign graphic novels or comics lest you cast your black Magick spell upon him. :blahblah:

9 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Alan Moore considers himself a White Wizard, therefore, he will not sign graphic novels or comics lest you cast your black Magick spell upon him. :blahblah:

Are you saying that Alan Moore prefers to use a white marker to sign on books, not any other colour? (:

on the other note, I am thrilled to know the cast of Back To The Future will be there. Gonna be fun getting them to sign my special book. The Calgary show should be epic with so many things to do around, if the marriage of both organizations do their vows worked out good. 

Getting prepping for a fun Spring season, starting with ECCC then CCEE and few small shows. :whee:

Neal Adams may be back? That would be awesome. I had him sketch a Batman and a Joker on two New 52 Batman 0s the last time he was here. I would love to add a Harley Quinn and Talia or Ivy to the mix.

Just thinking, is there any chance that the original Image crew could be pulled together in Calgary in the future? Last year we had McFarlane and this year it's Lee. Having the founding creators all at one show for an Image reunion would be fun. You could toss in JSC as well.

52 minutes ago, kimik said:

Just thinking, is there any chance that the original Image crew could be pulled together in Calgary in the future? Last year we had McFarlane and this year it's Lee. Having the founding creators all at one show for an Image reunion would be fun. You could toss in JSC as well.

That would be cool and a big draw.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

is there any chance that the original Image crew could be pulled together in Calgary in the future? Last year we had McFarlane and this year it's Lee. Having the founding creators all at one show for an Image reunion would be fun.

I think Erik Larsen (Savage Dragon) is still residing in the north Seattle, WA area. Albertans should be satisfied with the Calgary expo :golfclap: that is 3=4 times bigger than Fan Expo Vancouver even though the population in the Vancouver area is much larger than Calgary and Edm combined.